Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Milk=Upset Tummy

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
You learn something new every day, thank you. If Zeus hasn't had any issue with it so far, is it ok to continue to allow him to have some? "I dig for treasures" in his cat box daily (clean it), one of Zeus' favorite activities to help with. He thinks it's great fun to attack the scooper as I'm digging (how I digress, sorry). Where I'm going is he hasn't had any issue with milk at all.
Kovu ALWAYS decides he needs to try to use the litter box when I'm cleaning it. And of course he never goes. He'll get in my way, squat, wait a minute, nothing comes out, then he tries to play with the scooper. Silly cats we have. ;)

Kovu ALWAYS decides he needs to try to use the litter box when I'm cleaning it. And of course he never goes. He'll get in my way, squat, wait a minute, nothing comes out, then he tries to play with the scooper. Silly cats we have. ;)
Lol Zeus too!!! Though my schedule is to do first thing in the morning, and he is pretty successful most times lol. I don't mind, I'm just glad he is regular. I let him finish his business and then clean that up to. It has gotten to be a game to see if I can get box done before he feels the need to contribute to the treasures I have found. Most times I lose ;)

B

Breheart

haha Keljin can join the party with being a litter-scoop attacker :) Whenever I plop it into the toilet, he has to stand up and peek inside then he looks back at me with this face like "WHAT THE HECK are you doing with my poop you crazy lady?" and then he tries to stick his paws in the toilet bowls and get it back...

sigh.. haha what curious helpers we have!

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
You learn something new every day, thank you. If Zeus hasn't had any issue with it so far, is it ok to continue to allow him to have some? "I dig for treasures" in his cat box daily (clean it), one of Zeus' favorite activities to help with. He thinks it's great fun to attack the scooper as I'm digging (how I digress, sorry). Where I'm going is he hasn't had any issue with milk at all.
If he's doing okay with a little milk, then he's fine with it...it's just that when it isn't okay then it is not something you want to repeat. Just I probably wouldn't let him go crazy but only let him a little of the stuff...

Glamouresque

Savannah Super Cat
Maybe lactose free milk as a treat of for more moisture. Anyone tried ? or had a vet comeback on this ?

Happened to me also to forget the milk box and spilled on the floor... sick kitten for a while after.

Nitro

and his servant, Paul
Maybe lactose free milk as a treat of for more moisture. Anyone tried ? or had a vet comeback on this ?

Happened to me also to forget the milk box and spilled on the floor... sick kitten for a while after.
My Bengals turned up their noses at Almond Milk. I imagine Silk is the same story.

Edit: I've even tried the kitten milk with them when they were kittens, and it had the same effect on them as cow milk.