Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

My New Savannah Cat Enclosure

admin

Paige
Staff member
After much research (weeks) and trying to decide, I chose the following cat enclosure to put on my deck: https://www.cdpets.com/Products_Detail.php?ProductID=401 - I like the wood and fence and I love the price ;) it is 4'x4'x4', so it will not take up the entire deck, which is what I was worried about.

The cats will go out here for some enjoyment and outside enrichment...they will not stay outside...which is another reason I chose this one. I didn't need to spend $700 for an enclosure that will not be utilized but a couple of hours a day!!!

Trish Allearz

I really like this- Paige- and shipping is actually quite economical to here as well... My only worry for our area is if someone wanted to get INTO the enclosure, they could easily do so. At least, that is what Hubby has pounded into my head everytime I suggest a less then Fort Knox type enclosure!

admin

Paige
Staff member
Yes, Trish, I can see where that would be an issue...for me though, it is ideal...and yes, you would need a more steal-proof enclosure...I have seen so many enclosures in the past two weeks, my head is spinning :roflmao:

Lori Greer

Cahaba Cats
After much research (weeks) and trying to decide, I chose the following cat enclosure to put on my deck: https://www.cdpets.com/Products_Detail.php?ProductID=401 - I like the wood and fence and I love the price ;) it is 4'x4'x4', so it will not take up the entire deck, which is what I was worried about.

The cats will go out here for some enjoyment and outside enrichment...they will not stay outside...which is another reason I chose this one. I didn't need to spend $700 for an enclosure that will not be utilized but a couple of hours a day!!!
VERY attractive enclosure Paige! I like it!

Lori Greer

Cahaba Cats
I
I really like this- Paige- and shipping is actually quite economical to here as well... My only worry for our area is if someone wanted to get INTO the enclosure, they could easily do so. At least, that is what Hubby has pounded into my head everytime I suggest a less then Fort Knox type enclosure!
LOL, Marc and I have that same discussion. I want to put up the kennel on a currently unused 20 x 30 cement pad that was poured for a garage (my ex sold the building so it's just an empty pad). It's just kitty corner to the house but Marc worries that it could be higher risk if someone wanted to break in. I said poo poo but that he should leave the big dog in there at night just in case. :)

Trish Allearz

Well, I know that an enclosure like this one was used with a friend's exotics and three dogs got into the yard and ripped through the enclosure (big dogs) and they killed the little Coatimundis :( BUT I know that is a fluke and just a horrible tragedy, but I worry about all kinds of things. I know with Paige- she'd probably only use it when home where she could keep an eye on things. That's the kind of enclosure I want- just one the cats can go out, enjoy the weather, watch the birds, and then come back inside. I'd close it off when we left the house.

Arline

Savannah Super Cat
I'd love one like this but would be afraid the kids in the neighborhood would either tear it apart or steal it. :-(
Plus, not sure Hubby would let me put one out. He thinks the sun room is fine for the cats.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Well, I know that an enclosure like this one was used with a friend's exotics and three dogs got into the yard and ripped through the enclosure (big dogs) and they killed the little Coatimundis :( BUT I know that is a fluke and just a horrible tragedy, but I worry about all kinds of things. I know with Paige- she'd probably only use it when home where she could keep an eye on things. That's the kind of enclosure I want- just one the cats can go out, enjoy the weather, watch the birds, and then come back inside. I'd close it off when we left the house.

Exactly, Trish. it will be on my deck, right off my sliding glass doors...no one can get to it as I am about 10 feet off the ground. I will be home when used...I would never leave them in it while I was gone....Zuri is a little lock picker, so I'm sure she would have it open in no time...