Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Need Healing Thoughts!

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Got a call from the vet this morning...Oliver gained 23g last night in fluids and eating (he loves to eat). He is getting more substance in his BMs and is perking up. He is at the front of his incubator watching everyone, and fights the exams and recovers from them well. They are giving him pain meds because he is still fluffy and in a some pain. We will go visit him today, and they will do the testing tomorrow and then he can come home.

Lesley

Site Supporter
Got a call from the vet this morning...Oliver gained 23g last night in fluids and eating (he loves to eat). He is getting more substance in his BMs and is perking up. He is at the front of his incubator watching everyone, and fights the exams and recovers from them well. They are giving him pain meds because he is still fluffy and in a some pain. We will go visit him today, and they will do the testing tomorrow and then he can come home.
Glad to hear the good news!

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Thanks! Me too....parrots are so tricky. They NEVER show symptoms as they are prey animals, and any type of symptom means a sure death in the wild. When I saw Oliver acting strange I panicked because (like all small animals) you have an extremely small window to fix the problem...it goes fatal very very fast. The vet of course had to make sure I knew how fatal his symptoms could be, but we won't know until tomorrow or later on what is actually wrong with him. I am praying it is just an infection, or something medication can control.

Oliver is the first parrot to need medical attention in our house...our oldest parrot is 13 years old. In that way, I suppose we have been lucky...but we definitely don't take enough preventative care. I think our oldest is the only parrot who has ever gone for a check up. On the bright side, we now found a competent avian vet

admin

Paige
Staff member
Awww, Kristin, I am sorry! We are all sending our positive energy from NJ...hope Zeddie and Oliver feel better soon...