Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

New family member an F4 boy

admin

Paige
Staff member
I know a lot will disagree and many will be righteous in their responses, but I have always used my bedroom as the quarantine room, it has served me well and they end up sleeping next to their human soon enough. I know how much hell it is before they get used to your sleep cycle but I’m not convinced there is any method that creates the bond that sharing a living space does. Add an air purifier and the litter smell is nonexistent.

Your bedroom is the perfect quarantine room. Not sure why you think people would disagree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I'm not sure who would argue against using your bedroom for a quarantine room, personally I think that is the ideal place for a new kitten/cat. The only issue that arises (that I am aware of) is when there are already resident cats who are used to sleeping in the bedroom, then they feel displaced and this can cause jealousy and contention toward the newest family member. One then needs to spend dedicated time with the other cat(s) to make sure they still know they are loved and special to their humans.

catsindogtown

Savannah Super Cat
Your bedroom is the perfect quarantine room. Not sure why you think people would disagree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just understand not sleeping in the same room if you have a mean work schedule and the lil one is making the bedroom impossible to sleep in is the only thought I should have make that part clear

catsindogtown

Savannah Super Cat
I'm not sure who would argue against using your bedroom for a quarantine room, personally I think that is the ideal place for a new kitten/cat. The only issue that arises (that I am aware of) is when there are already resident cats who are used to sleeping in the bedroom, then they feel displaced and this can cause jealousy and contention toward the newest family member. One then needs to spend dedicated time with the other cat(s) to make sure they still know they are loved and special to their humans.
Great point

John Popp

Site Supporter

That's incredibly astute Patti. So many things we figure out on the fly, and when our youngest came on board we switched off evenings sleeping in his quarantine room. His brother (different litter) was very much needing lots of extra attention and would have some very wordy conversations about it. So much of it all was dictated by the cats, we just needed to be smart enough to listen to what they had to tell us. It all worked out great, the brothers are the best of friends and never any animosity over who the servants were tending to.