Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Newbie From Annapolis,Md:-)

dice

Site Supporter
Thanks for the recommendation. I found a great pet store here in Annapolis. They carry all of the high-end pet foods and some really great raw food choices.
Always a pleasure to help out!! Have a local country supply store that carries many items needed fur all my furry kids!!

Is that how you got them to grow so tall and majestic? Daily massage? :lol:
Hmmm, well it didn't hurt, is all I'm saying:roflmao:

Tink it had more to do with their parents and grandparents majestic lineage, but the massage didn't hurt, fur sure!!!

allcritters

Savannah Super Cat
Sooooo I got to hear the "hiss"! Sahara was playing and while pouncing on her toy she hissed. What a cool sound! And what an incredibly cool cat! Love 2Love 2Love 2

SlugMaster

Site Supporter
Anyone give your Savannah a chew bone??
Yes, I regularly give my cats raw chicken and turkey chunks. I chop them into 1 to 2 oz size with a clever. The boys love them, but they will take them to other places in the house to save or eat. So, you need to tolerate that. I believe that it helps their teeth and keeps them busy for a bit.

Bruce

allcritters

Savannah Super Cat
Yes, I regularly give my cats raw chicken and turkey chunks. I chop them into 1 to 2 oz size with a clever. The boys love them, but they will take them to other places in the house to save or eat. So, you need to tolerate that. I believe that it helps their teeth and keeps them busy for a bit.

Bruce
My cat got ahold of my dogs chew bone.. She didn't want to give it up. It's rawhide. Not sure that's good for her .. I know my poor dog gets one every once in a while and new cat = treat!

So RAW chicken bone is good. Not cooked ( splinters) ?

DumaLove

Site Supporter
Staff member
I give them plain pig ears (not smoked) and also small bully sticks. Some of my cats chew on them. But they last a really long time even if they do chew on them.

SlugMaster

Site Supporter
My cat got ahold of my dogs chew bone.. She didn't want to give it up. It's rawhide. Not sure that's good for her .. I know my poor dog gets one every once in a while and new cat = treat!

So RAW chicken bone is good. Not cooked ( splinters) ?
Yes, the raw bones are softer. If you cut them up a bit my cats will work out the bone marrow.