Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not eating well

admin

Paige
Staff member
Awww... Poor sarafina... Hoping the meds work quickly!

Paige
Owner, Savannah Cat Chat
Agato Savannahs
TICA Legislative Committee
SV Breed Section Committee
SV Rescue Coordinator

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
I'm sorry...poor Sarafina :( I'm glad you found out what was the reason behind her not eating, and fingers and paws crossed she feels better soon!

Jacq

Savannah Super Cat
Poor baby! I would try changing her diet before anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sharisse

Savannah Teenager
Poor baby! I would try changing her diet before anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha! First have to get her to eat something... anything... then we'll worry about the RIGHT food ;-)

On a good note: she ate/lapped/drank 3 packets of fancy feast broth this morning.
On a bad note: I forgot to tell my husband to leave our bedroom door closed last night and I was awoken at 1:30am by her peeing on me (my guess is she just wants to tell me that she still isn't feeling well and I need to fix her).

But all in all I feel that we have a short term solution in the steroids. Once we get her to gain back the pound she lost, then I'll work on transitioning her to a better food... maybe chicken soup for the soul as her brother (arriving Saturday) will be already eating this. We'll see. It will have to be something soft as according to both vets it's only a matter of 2-3 years before her teeth fall out due to the stomatitis. :-( my poor itty bitty kitty will look like an old woman. I wonder if they make dentures for cats? LOL ... KIDDING!!!

DumaLove

Site Supporter
Staff member
Will she eat chicken or turkey baby food? (Just make sure it is the kind with just meat and broth no onions) My cats love it!! Isn't a long term solution but might help her get started eating until the meds kick in.

Sharisse

Savannah Teenager
Will she eat chicken or turkey baby food? (Just make sure it is the kind with just meat and broth no onions) My cats love it!! Isn't a long term solution but might help her get started eating until the meds kick in.
Great idea! Baby food is one thing I haven't yet tried... probably because it never worked with my other cat, but great idea. Thanks!!

DumaLove

Site Supporter
Staff member
It's definitely worth a shot!! Cheap and easy to get solution. And you can try both chicken and turkey.