Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

One stressed mommy

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Luckily, I think our vet would rather prescribe the antidepressants rather than a scheduled substance. So I think Prozac will win out.
I just read on a website that Buspar is most commonly used for cats, and now that I think about it, I think that Buspar is the med that worked best for my cat as well - couldn't remember the name before but I'm sure that's it.

l.i.t

Site Supporter
Patti - thank you so very much. You just facilitated a nice compromise b/w my husband and me!

Lotto has been really wanting to come out of the bedroom the past 3 days - but Marilyn said there should be no interaction between he and Bucky. So my husband and I found a compromise... We put Lotto on one of the bookcases in the living room where Bucky couldn't reach. Lotto was VERY comfortable up there (even taking a short nap)... But Bucky was obsessed with trying to find a way to get to Lotto. He climbed up and down our 10ft ladder, jumped in the bookshelf cubbies, and ran around going "errrrrrnn" for a solid 40min straight. It might have been more, but my husband and I left the room.

I seriously have never seen a more determined (obsessed?) cat. He just couldn't let it go LOL

buspirone is being picked up tomorrow!

l.i.t

Site Supporter
Rafiki! I did video some of it! I'd post it here, but I don't know how to post a video... Heck, I can't even shrink my pictures enough to get them on here. Apparently I'm a techno-noob :eek:

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I'm glad you and your husband were able to agree on a treatment for Bucky, I really hope it works for you. Just remember - it is the same for cats as for humans in that it can take a couple of weeks for you to see an improvement in him.

You need to upload to video to YouTube (I think you can upload it to Facebook as well) then post the link here, then we can see it.

Eddies

Eddies a ham!
I just read on a website that Buspar is most commonly used for cats, and now that I think about it, I think that Buspar is the med that worked best for my cat as well - couldn't remember the name before but I'm sure that's it.
My vet recommended this for Eddie...

Eddies

Eddies a ham!
Please see the post on picture resizing... Elsas' Dad has been busy but I keep popping on the post so people can find it, not sure what to tell you about the videos...Bucky has definitely given your family a spin, with all the talk about de-stressing I'm not sure YOU have been able to so I hope the Buspar works, have you tried a jacket for Bucky? Eddies whole attitude changes when he puts it on; started out as a great walking tool (& still is) but he stopped harassing the other cats when I put it on him, it just took me awhile to realize it. After I did I started using it when Eddie got too fixated on one of the cats, I truly thought it was a "kitten" phase...Mojo put a stop to it even tho it took about a month of hair flying & using the jacket, the phermones, & LOTS of distracting...Eddie once (weirdly) rubbed his fang on my calf & opened me up like a grape...I put lotion on & now he won't get close to my legs but it was a real eye opener..."I want to see these videos of Bucky in action so much"...says the selfless servant of an SV stubborn enough to argue with 2 Mastiffs for the couch:ninja::dog::dog:....hang in there!

l.i.t

Site Supporter
I forgot about the jacket but will definitely try it!

I almost *wish*the hair would fly! I don't think Lotto has enough moxie to give Bucky the lesson he needs....

Before we moved (and got Lotto and Bucky), we had two other cats (and Tootie). One of them was a neutered 16 year old tomcat. One of the neighborhood cats (1year old male) started visiting the house and was going to be taken by animal control, so we took him in. It was about 2 weeks of hissing and growling which culminated in a big fur flying fight. I think it was a 'tie', but they avoided each other peacefully after that. I almost wish we could have that here!

Sorry about your leg... Had you been wanting a vampire savannah :p:p? In all honesty, it sounds quite painful and I hope it is healing OK. I usually get the acupuncture treatment - go to sleep and wake up with new holes on my body from where the cats stretched while they were sleeping on me.

I'm currently trying to upload some of the videos onto YouTube. It's just so odd - Bucky isn't violent... Just aggressive and obsessed. I've never seen such a phenomenon... Although this could be common in the savannah world, for all I know!

I'll let you guys know when I have the videos up.