Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Optionsplus.com cat enclosure

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Back in early July, I contacted Optionsplus.com to order a modular cat enclosure. I had discussed options with them several times by email, IM and phone and on 7/16 my credit card was billed. I was told that it would take a couple of weeks. I called them the first week of July to get an ETA and was told at that time that they were running behind and that it would be ready in 1-1/2 - 2 weeks. I asked if this was the date that they would ship or I would receive and was assured that that was when I would receive it.

Meanwhile, I have been very busy resurfacing the deck and purchasing things for their fabulous new enclosure.

I tried contacting them earlier this week but I kept getting a message that they were helping other customers. I finally tried to leave a message just to discover that the inbox is full. I also sent them an email. As of today, they are still not picking up the phone and now the IM function has been removed. The website had a "sister" company listed so I tried contacting them as well just to find out that they have not been associated for several years. They said that they had received numerous phone calls this week regarding Optionsplus and that they asked to have the link removed. I informed them that the link was still there and amazingly enough, the link was removed within the hour. Optionsplus is still not picking up the phone.

I sadly filed a complaint with the BBB. I am devestated that I will not be building the enclosure for the cats this weekend. We have been looking forward to this for such a long time anticipating the fun the cats would have.

Can anyone recommend another manufacturer?

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
uh oh. They seem to be the same company you tried to purchase from. WTH. Too bad, because the product was excellent quality.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
uh oh. They seem to be the same company you tried to purchase from. WTH. Too bad, because the product was excellent quality.

Yes, they came highly recommended on this site. I will continue to try to contact them by phone, email, Facebook. It's crazy - they posted on FB last week about some enclosures!

Patti

Admin
Staff member
That's a real shame - I wonder what's going on with them? I have two enclosures from them, one indoor and one outdoor - both excellent products. Bummer...

Evie

Savannah Super Cat
Back in early July, I contacted Optionsplus.com to order a modular cat enclosure. I had discussed options with them several times by email, IM and phone and on 7/16 my credit card was billed. I was told that it would take a couple of weeks. I called them the first week of July to get an ETA and was told at that time that they were running behind and that it would be ready in 1-1/2 - 2 weeks. I asked if this was the date that they would ship or I would receive and was assured that that was when I would receive it.

Meanwhile, I have been very busy resurfacing the deck and purchasing things for their fabulous new enclosure.

I tried contacting them earlier this week but I kept getting a message that they were helping other customers. I finally tried to leave a message just to discover that the inbox is full. I also sent them an email. As of today, they are still not picking up the phone and now the IM function has been removed. The website had a "sister" company listed so I tried contacting them as well just to find out that they have not been associated for several years. They said that they had received numerous phone calls this week regarding Optionsplus and that they asked to have the link removed. I informed them that the link was still there and amazingly enough, the link was removed within the hour. Optionsplus is still not picking up the phone.

I sadly filed a complaint with the BBB. I am devestated that I will not be building the enclosure for the cats this weekend. We have been looking forward to this for such a long time anticipating the fun the cats would have.

Can anyone recommend another manufacturer?
I'm so sorry Rafiki, I hope that you are able to get your money back or that the company come through after all. It looks as though you have other suppliers to choose from so hopefully either way you will get your enclosure. There is not much choice of similar companies here in the UK so I designed an enclosure and got a local builder to put it up for me. I have nothing to compare it to price wise but it seemed reasonable - you have probably explored all your options but just a thought. I hope it gets resolved quickly for you and it will be so worth it when it does.

cbain

Site Supporter
I am very sorry to hear this Rafiki, I know you have been planning this enclosure for some time now, you may want to get a general contractor to give you a price quote on your custom designed enclosure that can be attached to your deck so a large animal can't tip it over and trap your cat, Stacee Dallas is the breeder I got Casey from and she has 3 outdoor enclosures with wire roofs and the enclosure is on Facebook. I hope you get your money back from Optionsplus without a major delay.