Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Orion Goes Home

admin

Paige
Staff member
I understand... I am well aware of the attachments... A good example, Elsa right now is sitting right behind me and stays close... You can see below how attached we are already in less than a month.
View attachment 11872 View attachment 11874 View attachment 11875

And not to mention, without being prompted or trained last night she started playing Fetch... I was a little busy, so to distract her, I threw a piece of paper, and she brought it back about 3 times... I then grabbed one of my GoPros... Check out http://www.savannahcatchat.com/threads/a-surprising-day-with-elsa.4142/ and you will see her Video at the bottom of it...

Adorable, John...females are very smart - great video!

Sourek

Savannah Super Cat
6.jpg 6.jpg 5.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg Hahaha, here is a photo Update. I think I broke the cardinal rule of acclimating your cat and let Orion out with Rocco right away (they had met before at the vet) but it looks like it worked out :) here are a few photos, I'll post more maybe later today or tomorrow :)

Trish Allearz

Danny, you're bad, but we adore you, Rocco, and Orion regardless.

Sent from my so called smartphone so all typos and bad advice can be blamed on said "smart" phone ;)

Trish Allearz

And I wanted to comment.. Ya know, you guys, we do find excellent homes and if we weren't willing to send babies to new homes, where would your kittens come from?

Yes, we love our babies collectively and individually, but this is a choice you make being a breeder. You cannot nor should you keep them all.

There isn't a kitten I've sent home that I haven't loved. But they are spoiled, pampered and loved in their current homes.

Sent from my so called smartphone so all typos and bad advice can be blamed on said "smart" phone ;)

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
And I wanted to comment.. Ya know, you guys, we do find excellent homes and if we weren't willing to send babies to new homes, where would your kittens come from?

Yes, we love our babies collectively and individually, but this is a choice you make being a breeder. You cannot nor should you keep them all.

There isn't a kitten I've sent home that I haven't loved. But they are spoiled, pampered and loved in their current homes.

Just one simple question... These little balls of joy that we call Savannahs have the act of reaching in side of you and won't let go.... How do you let them go once you get so attached?

admin

Paige
Staff member
View attachment 11881 View attachment 11881 View attachment 11876 View attachment 11877 View attachment 11878 View attachment 11879 View attachment 11880 Hahaha, here is a photo Update. I think I broke the cardinal rule of acclimating your cat and let Orion out with Rocco right away (they had met before at the vet) but it looks like it worked out :) here are a few photos, I'll post more maybe later today or tomorrow :)

Yes you did, but looks like it worked out! Thanks for posting - they look awesome together!

Sourek

Savannah Super Cat
hahaha...yes you did, but looks like it worked out! Thanks for posting - they look awesome together!

LOL I'm sorry! They were just so sweet together right off the bat, I thought they'd be fine and they are. I'm pretty sure I have the two most amazing (to me :p) kittens ever. I'm going to give them the best possible home a cat could ever wish for.

Trish Allearz

Just one simple question... These little balls of joy that we call Savannahs have the act of reaching in side of you and won't let go.... How do you let them go once you get so attached?
I have multiple owners on this board although most aren't overly active. You let them go with the knowledge that they're going to be loved to pieces and spoiled to bits. As a breeder, you've multiple cats usually and kittens to raise. So I think Rocco, the f2 Danny picked up from me, would get the same love and attention from me, with multiple cats, versus him? No. Rocco was loved and spoiled here, but my attention is divided due to numbers (and I have much lower numbers than most, although more than Paige).

Wouldn't it be inherently selfish for me to keep all of these fantastic little personalities to myself, knowing eventually we'd get to hoarder status, versus finding amazing homes that then become a part of my extended family?

I don't lie when I say Danny is now forever a part of my family. So is Teresa on here with monkey. So is Rob with Abu and my other owners.

I consider it a blessing to be a part of these babies lives as well as their families.