Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Outside cat meds

J.B.

Savannah Super Cat
Hi for those of you who allow your SV's outside(on leashes and enclosures of course), what flea/tick meds do you use? Do you also give them meds for worms and the like? And if you do, what product do you use? Is there any other meds a cat allowed outside would need? Thanks!

Per Lausund

Staff member
Sensible!
I would definitely make sure they are treated with a dewormer (remember to include tapeworms!) and an anti-tick. How often you need to treat varies with where you are, you need to ask your vet about this. Remember to treat other cats in the household, too, even if they do not go outside, once one is in contact with the world the rest are as well!
I routinely treat indoor cats as well, but usually only one or two times pr year, and females before mating.
:)
P

D

DocMac

I also use Revolution, which works on fleas, ear mites, and certain worms, including heart worms. No heart worm test is required prior to initiation as in dogs.