Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Please Pray for Cisco

T

The Kasbah

I rescued Cisco at 5 weeks old from the streets, where he drank water from puddles outside, was freezing cold, along with his brothers, sisters and mother. All his siblings and mom were trapped and given away to good homes...Cisco was the l...See More He joined Rocky (Maine Coon) and I and became part of our family. When Rocky died three years ago, Cisco was so lonely - enter Taj.

Cisco is a sweet, gentle boy - a scaredy cat, who runs under the bed when the doorbell rings...however, Taj, my first savannah brought him out of his shell a bit, then came Zuri, who became his best friend and then Ixas and Cinny, who love him...Cisco really came out of his shell with Zuri and the kittens, playing, romping and cuddling...all things he had not done since he was a baby.

Cisco is now 10 years old and was diagnosed today with pancreatic cancer...I don't know how long he has to live, but I will not let him suffer...however, I want to be sure it it cancer and not something that can be cured...I will know in the next couple of days.

The photos below were taken two days ago and show the love between Cisco and the savannah kittens...a tribute to my gentle gray boy who loves my savannah kittens...

View attachment 8214 View attachment 8215 View attachment 8216 View attachment 8217 View attachment 8218

Well, a good reason to double check diagnoses...thanks goodness, I allowed the biopsies to be done and didn't just take the reading of the ultrasound only...

The problem is not in the Pancreas, but near it, so even though the ultrasound vet told us the mass was in the pancreas and Cisco had pancreatic cancer, it was not true.

It looks like lymphoma, but again, nothing is certain until the biopsies come back...in any case, it would not be the death sentence Cisco was originally given...

I feel more hopeful now...

Oh no! This is terrible, Paige. I am so sorry your Cisco is having issues. Paws crossed for a positive outcome.

xoxoxo

Mrs.CC

Savannah Super Cat
So very sorry to hear that! Cisco's a beautiful boy, and has been through too much in life already. It's a good thing he found you! A lot of people would have listened to the first diagnosis. I don't believe in coincidences...God knew who would love and care for Cisco the best.

M

macmanmatty

Hope that it is something more treatable anyway cisco is in my thoughts an prayers.

ambiente18

Site Supporter
this is awful ! I will pray for Cisco ...Try to do so, take Cisco on the hand or take his foot... Forget all your troubles, forget who are you ... to collect all of your health and energy and send this energy to Cisco...If you can... then Cisco understand... you will see... I did it

A

Alice

I am so sorry to hear. Bad news all around.... I will be praying for him, hopefully he will quickly bounce back from this....

admin

Paige
Staff member
So very sorry to hear that! Cisco's a beautiful boy, and has been through too much in life already. It's a good thing he found you! A lot of people would have listened to the first diagnosis. I don't believe in coincidences...God knew who would love and care for Cisco the best.

Thank you Mrs CC...I am lucky to have him in my life...he is one of the sweetest, most gentle cats I have ever known!

admin

Paige
Staff member
this is awful ! I will pray for Cisco ...Try to do so, take Cisco on the hand or take his foot... Forget all your troubles, forget who are you ... to collect all of your health and energy and send this energy to Cisco...If you can... then Cisco understand... you will see... I did it

I will give it a try, Ambiente18 ;)