Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Possible Savannah

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Agreed with the others... there's more Bengal influence in the looks than Savannah. But not impossible that she is a later generation Savannah, and the beauty of adopting without papers means you are free to decide what she is :)

There's no special vet care for a Savannah that shouldn't be for any other cat. Breeders of all breeds debate the killed-modified live vaccine question, advocate no ketamine as anesthetic etc... this are careful breeder advice but not breed-specific.

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
Welcome Stitch...AND Mom. Adorable kitty. Looking forward to hearing of her antics, and seeing more pictures. ;)

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Welcome Stitch. Very nice of you to share your home with the great looking cat.
I'm curious about the neck. Is it longer than usual in a cat? I could not tell from the posted pictures. When the cat is standing, does the body appear longer and leaner than usual? Does the cat seem taller than usual? I can see both Bengal and Savannah possibilities. The chirping has me intrigued.

Charley

Savannah Super Cat
She is so pretty! She looks similar to the Bengals at the gourmet Pet Beastro I go to. They are such sweet cats. The chirping is interesting isn't it? My F7 does but the f5 does not. I have heard many cats do that no matter what the breed, it's still the funniest thing ever! I'd have to look at my F5s family tree again to see if he has Bengal in him or Pam might know since his daddy was her Mokaholi :)

If she is that rambunctious now and chirping away you are in for a world of fun! Hyper cats are the best! She will make you laugh every day!

StitchiesMom

Savannah Kitten
Welcome Stitch. Very nice of you to share your home with the great looking cat.
I'm curious about the neck. Is it longer than usual in a cat? I could not tell from the posted pictures. When the cat is standing, does the body appear longer and leaner than usual? Does the cat seem taller than usual? I can see both Bengal and Savannah possibilities. The chirping has me intrigued.
Her neck is longer than our domestic cats, and she's taller than her as well but 2 months younger

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Her neck is longer than our domestic cats, and she's taller than her as well but 2 months younger
Very interesting. The bengals I had were not taller and the necks were not much longer. I would not be surprised there is a savannah in her background. The coat color even looks right.

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
She is so pretty! She looks similar to the Bengals at the gourmet Pet Beastro I go to. They are such sweet cats. The chirping is interesting isn't it? My F7 does but the f5 does not. I have heard many cats do that no matter what the breed, it's still the funniest thing ever! I'd have to look at my F5s family tree again to see if he has Bengal in him or Pam might know since his daddy was her Mokaholi :)

Yes, Wiggles does have Bengal on his dad's side, coming from his paternal grandfather, Malaki :) Many Savannahs do have some in their pedigrees, as they were often used before Savannah males became reliably fertile. A few breeders still use the occasional Bengal in their programs.

I have one chirper here: our F6C boy. He makes the cutest chirps and trills! It sounds like he is singing a song, lol. My DSH girl (Wiggles' grandmother) also chirped while a kitten, but she stopped doing it at about a year old :(

Mischief

Savannah Super Cat
I agree with the others that she has alot of Bengal in her but she is definitely not your run of the mill house cat and she looks like she will be alot of fun. Bengals are actually similar to the Savannah in that they're high energy, hyper cats and they're a joy to have as pets.