Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Questions for Marilyn, the Cat Coach, on Savannah Cat Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindy Lowther

Savannah Super Cat
I am pleased to say that I went back to Marilyn's original advice for me a while ago. This morning I played with Zuri for 30 minutes before feeding her...I fed Taj but Zuri would rather play than eat, so that was not a problem.

She eats whole prey and so I fed her after the 30 min play session, she ate her whole prey and some canned (I give her for nutritional purposes) and she has been quietly resting since...

Thanks for reminding me of what needs to be done Marilyn. Seems like Zuri is just one of those high energy cats that needs her play time before eating or anything else.

Taj could care less...he is laid back...eats and goes to sleep...plays whenever he wants...the difference is really quite amazing.
Paige, I totally understand...I have had to make it part of our schedule as well for ROCKSTAR even at nearly 15yrs old now he still requires that, I have to play with him first thing in the morning and before bed or he is really unbearable...haha! Once I made it part of our routine...FIRST part of the day, its worked fabulously, I feel bad for hubby though-this means he is making his own breakfast at 5am while I am flinging a dabird around the living room :D

Masooma Ali

Savannah Kitten
Hi Marilyn,

We just got a kitten from domesticwildcats she is now 10 weeks old. As we have never had a savannah before we are hoping you can give us some advice and confirmation that the following things are normal:

1) She cries like a little baby when we close our bedroom door at night because she wants to get into bed with us

2) She often ninja attacks our feet and keeps going at it... we had to trim her nails since she doesn't realize that we can get scratched and when she does get a hold of our feet she tries to bite lightly. I guess we just aren't sure if this is normal. We had a kitten before (a normal one) and she never did this nor did she keep coming back over and over again.

3) We noticed that at least in the last two weeks she is giving off a lot of gas -- at this rate we may as well rename her stinky.

4) We always heard Savannah's like water but she hates being given a bath -- is this normal?

Your answers would really help us out a great deal.

Thanks!

Attachments

admin

Paige
Staff member
Hi Marilyn,

We just got a kitten from domesticwildcats she is now 10 weeks old. As we have never had a savannah before we are hoping you can give us some advice and confirmation that the following things are normal:

1) She cries like a little baby when we close our bedroom door at night because she wants to get into bed with us

2) She often ninja attacks our feet and keeps going at it... we had to trim her nails since she doesn't realize that we can get scratched and when she does get a hold of our feet she tries to bite lightly. I guess we just aren't sure if this is normal. We had a kitten before (a normal one) and she never did this nor did she keep coming back over and over again.

3) We noticed that at least in the last two weeks she is giving off a lot of gas -- at this rate we may as well rename her stinky.

4) We always heard Savannah's like water but she hates being given a bath -- is this normal?

Thanks!
Hi Masooma,

Marilyn was only here answering questions for one day, so she will not be answering your questions. But the rest of our community here will be happy to answer you, so I am going to move your post to the general area.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Hi Marilyn,

Thanks!
oops, I can't move your post...can you copy and paste your post to savannah cat advice?

Thanks

Richeyrich

Savannah Teenager
Hi Marilyn i have a odd kitten he is a f1 Savannah cross with Asian Leonard my kitten wont let us touch him we have to feed him treats then pet him the part i don't understand is he has to follow us every where also is there a way to get him to stop walking under our feet and attacking them we have to wear shoes in the house because of it normally i carry a wand with a feather on it to keep him off my feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.