Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Rock Star

admin

Paige
Staff member
My first Savannah is an 11 year old F2, so I know what you mean about them not slowing down with age... they just never seem to completely grow out of kittenhood :)

The spraying was definitely what you thought it was, marking his territory...your home may have smelled like the previous cats a bit for example and he had to lay claim. I'm glad with some persistence (and cleaning) all calmed down which is exactly how we'd hope it would go!

Some of the group might be interested to know that Rock Star is one of the very first Wagati F1s... Nicole Greig of Wagati produced some of the first F1s and many many of our Savannahs go back to a Wagati F1, my very first breeding Savannah had a Wagati mom :) Nicole actually took him back to foster while we found his new home, how cool that must have been to see one of her babies thirteen years later!

Wow, that is truly amazing! So Rockstar is 13 yo? How awesome!

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Yes, I agree. I was so upset for him at the time...I can't imagine how one would keep a cat all those years and then give him up. At least the guy contacted Rescue and then from there talk with the breeder to take him back.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Yes, I agree. I was so upset for him at the time...I can't imagine how one would keep a cat all those years and then give him up. At least the guy contacted Rescue and then from there talk with the breeder to take him back.

I can't even imagine it...but then again, I do not know the circumstances, so cannot judge. However, I am so happy he is with Cindy to live out the rest of his life...he will have a great life with her!

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
What we were told by the guy, it just got too hard to keep him indoors... although he wasn't prepared to modify anything to make it work. I think he had a new relationship that was taking up his time and so his kitty companion wasn't so important anymore frankly.

Bus (AKA Rockstar) was getting out of the house...which the owner didn't mind it seems, and I don't know how long this had been going on. but recently he'd taken to going to a neighbor's house and sitting in the neighbor's Porsche in the garage and it was upsetting the neighbor. [Ummm...what about either shutting the garage door or putting up the top on the Porsche?) And the neighbor was threatening to call Animal Control.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Awww...poor Rockstar...but you know, sometimes things happen for the best and it looks like Rockstar is now where he belongs. I cannot imagine giving up my cats for anyone or anything :(

Cindy Lowther

Savannah Super Cat
OH Yes Brigitte I think that it's fascinating that he is one of the first ones produced. I lost contact with Nicole, the email address I have for her is no longer valid, I wanted to let her know he is still doing fabulous, if you should happen to have a recent contact for her please pass on the info to her! I thought she might want to know he is still doing awesome, this June will be 2 years since you helped us all find each other ;) Every day has been a blessing since!

Cindy Lowther

Savannah Super Cat
OH I know Paige, I think all of us that are truly lovers of our animals can't imagine not making what every provisions necessary to keep our animals with us, it was strange to me, especially after seeing how extraordinary he is! Now...I will say, I first thought, WOW how can you not keep your cat indoors?, but he is extremely clever, he can open all the interior doors and knows if needs to pull or push while he pulls down the doorknob and he can also turn the standard doorknob with his mouth! So, we have to dead bolt! He even had turned the locks on the windows! However he isn't able to lift the windows!, He has chewed the wood on the windows, which on our new home I thought my husband might go crazy but actually was quite calm (GOD BLESS HIM)...lol. But, we made what provisions were necessary and this place is like fort Knox! He actually calmed down after he realized there was no way of escape,(not the husband the cat...lol) this was all in the beginnings of his adoption and he now doesn't even show interest, now that he is so stimulated with so many things and so much space in the home, he is quite content, we have an awesome outside enclosure, but we actually don't use it as much as he has more space inside and seems to like the upstairs balcony area and all the windows and has more pacing room. We have only had him this short amount of time and will make necessary provisions, so its hard to understand how someone can have for 13 yrs and not build a new home for them;)...lol. But, his loss is our gain! Hubby yesterday was exploring the excercise wheel option, however, he was doing the...I can build a cooler one then that....so I will keep you guys posted on that ;)...lol