Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Savannah cat breed standard

admin

Paige
Staff member
I agree with Brigitte as far as the breed standard goes and since we really cannot see the legs, cannot comment on those :)

kittykitty

Savannah Super Cat
He is from SE, parents are Greta and Gibson I believe, what about Sahara?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Unfortunately, the pics that you have posted aren't really at angles that can help us see a lot. I do like his ear shape and size, and his tail looks nice and thick. The eyes are too big/round and lack hooding. I can't see his profile well in any of the pics but he does seem to have a muzzle pinch - a Savannah's head should be triangular and smooth in shape. I also can't tell anything about neck, body, or leg length. You can view a pictorial review of the breed standard here, which might help you know what to look for: http://www.savannahbreedsection.org/pdf/magnificant-savannah-web-presentation.pdf

Of course he is a kitten and could change quite a bit in the coming months. I look forward to seeing him grow up here! :)

kittykitty

Savannah Super Cat
Unfortunately, the pics that you have posted aren't really at angles that can help us see a lot. I do like his ear shape and size, and his tail looks nice and thick. The eyes are too big/round and lack hooding. I can't see his profile well in any of the pics but he does seem to have a muzzle pinch - a Savannah's head should be triangular and smooth in shape. I also can't tell anything about neck, body, or leg length. You can view a pictorial review of the breed standard here, which might help you know what to look for: http://www.savannahbreedsection.org/pdf/magnificant-savannah-web-presentation.pdf

Of course he is a kitten and could change quite a bit in the coming months. I look forward to seeing him grow up here! :)

Thanks so much! that link was extremely helpful! :)

Rafiki

Site Supporter

This link is unbelieveably helpful! I have always been at loss as to what the heck boomerang eyes were supposed to look like! and the various pictures at the end are great! You can tell by these pictures that savannahs are indeed dangerous wild animals! :rolleyes: