Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Savannah occasionally throwing up

nickandkristi

Savannah Super Cat
Hey Everyone,

Our Savannah has recently started to throw up though is still eating, high energy and very much herself in every other way. This morning we decided to check her stool and found that shes been eating my wifes hair.

Would the hair cause her to throw up? and should we be worried that there is some stuck in her belly?

Any advice would be appreciated!

KMcgown

Site Supporter
I have one that eats plastic. Plastic from the case of cat food or water. If I don't catch her right away, she throws up soon after.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I think it's very possible that the hair is causing her to throw up, and if the hair is long it could get stuck and cause ongoing issues. Of course it could be something completely unrelated. Since it's persistent I agree with Paige, she should be checked by a vet.

nickandkristi

Savannah Super Cat
Poor Lyra Bean is not going to like going to see Dr Eaglefeather for a check up :(. Breaks my heart to hear her cry in her carrier. But, it is definitely warranted....

So nice to have such a supportive and helpful Savannah Community out there :). Thanks so much for the advise everyone!!!

admin

Paige
Staff member
I know what you mean...I brought Cinny tot he vet today, but took Ixas to keep her company..I had to leave her for a few hours and he cried all the way home...and then he cried at home and tried to open the door...

She creid all the way home from the vet...next time a little nutricalm may be in order...