Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Savannahs and Natural Gas

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Let's just say that I know when we have fed Rafiki turkey instead of chicken. Pee-yew! The worst was when I stuck my head into her tunnel just as she let one rip. :sick:

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
It will take more than one raw meal to clear the air, so to speak... ;)

I am sure... However... today she has only let go of one.. Normally by now it would have been 3 or 4.. going to keep up the RAW and see what kind of trend it takes.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Zeddie has been on raw since day 1, and we've never had a stinky problem (still working on the puking problem).

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
I think gas is usually related to diet. I have not had any gas problems while feeding Taste of the Wild. I've heard that cats on raw diets do not have gas.

Just a note, that since I have started giving her raw on a regular basis she has not had any more gas. That is the only thing that has changed in her diet so I going to consider this as a good fix. Thanks for the heads up on this...

Compared to her "Chemical Warfare" so to speak :rolleyes::rolleyes:, the Raw Diet is cheap! :):)

Eddies

Eddies a ham!
Eddie has gas too, I've always associated gas with worms:alien:- until I had George:dog:...try a Mastiff & Savannah mix:eek:. We use Blue Wilderness Chicken but the gas sure doesn't smell like chicken!:confused:lol. So a mix of Glade & Febreeze it is; Automatic airfresheners with neutralizers:rolleyes:!

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Eddie has gas too, I've always associated gas with worms:alien:- until I had George:dog:...try a Mastiff & Savannah mix:eek:. We use Blue Wilderness Chicken but the gas sure doesn't smell like chicken!:confused:lol. So a mix of Glade & Febreeze it is; Automatic airfresheners with neutralizers:rolleyes:!

I like preventing it all together... Since she has been getting regular raw chicken from the pet food section the gas problem didn't just get better.... It went away, and saw immediate improvement after the first snack of it... She is not on exclusive raw, I just feed it too her a couple two or three times per day.

Eddies

Eddies a ham!
How much are you feeding her? George eats whatever he wants & Blue Wilderness...no help for him,lol.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Just a note, the RAW that I use is "Freshpet Select", Chunky Chicken, Turkey, Vegetable & Rice Recipe.