Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Savannah's & Maine Coon's together?

Sita

Savannah Super Cat
Hey
I'm wondering if anyone has experience with Maine Coon's and if you have ever had one with a Savannah. I've only had my 4.5 year old Savannah since June and I think I lucked out as he is a sweetheart that really doesn't get into much trouble. I hear many are like forever 2 year olds and get into everything when bored. Now that he is comfortable here and with my 15 year old female cat I have stumbled upon a stray Maine Coon. He has been around all summer and at first we assumed he had a home and only wondered why anyone would have a maine coon this beautiful and let him outside. He never let anyone pet him but he hung around only middle of the night and was playful. in playing I discovered that he is de-clawed. I gave him food and he chowed down. Signs were pointing to stray and I had to bring him in before the cold winter hit.

he has lived in the entrance and storage rooms for about a week now, he quickly made himself at home and loves attention. Reading up on maine coons their personality traits sound very much like Savannah's. gentle giants, loyal, dog like, forever two year olds, lol. I don't know if I will keep him, it will depend on how he gets along with my fur kids. With similar to Savannah traits he might end up being a good playmate for Zeus as my 15 year old girl doesn't want to play with him.

I can tell already though that this maine coon lives up to the trouble maker reputation that Zeus doesn't. He will probably get into everything and not be as cool about not eating the others food. I'll take him to the vet to make sure healthy before introducing to my cats.

any experience, tips, etc would be great. either way I'm sure I won't have trouble finding a good home for this stunning maine coon but curious if it is known that they get along with Savannah's because of their similar traits.
I have a Maine Coon mix and he gets along with all my Savannah’s. He’s older now so he doesn’t play a lot but he has the temperament to get along with just about all of them. They seem to delight in snuggling into his long fur. I’d say go for it. Mine has always been a gentle giant with a spine and will made of steel.

Ninja-n-Bear

Site Supporter
I have a Maine Coon mix and he gets along with all my Savannah’s. He’s older now so he doesn’t play a lot but he has the temperament to get along with just about all of them. They seem to delight in snuggling into his long fur. I’d say go for it. Mine has always been a gentle giant with a spine and will made of steel.

The post your are responding to is 6 years old, you can see the date in the upper left hand corner of every post.

And, Maine Coon are lovely! :)