Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Scam Websites

A

Alice

Hmmm I don't know anyone who has personally made a transaction with them... But have seem them post on the Yahoo groups I am on, and those are generally a safe bet, as they also have to meet certain requirements to post any cats on there... You could always ask for references as well, which is always a good idea.

Diane

Savannah Super Cat
Alice, Oregon is pretty far away from my state in Illinois. I wonder if they ship.....tooooo far to drive to pkup! I looked them up and got the e-mail tho.

A

Alice

Oh my, very true! That's pretty far :) lol I'm afraid I don't know that either! :( I suppose I'm not that much help afterall LOL
I just know of them because an old coworker Suzie was going to buy from them before she moved... It's worth a shot to see!

Diane

Savannah Super Cat
I'm just kind of cautious about getting an adult cat somewhere like the one from Savannah cat land....It's really better to get a kitten I think....I would have to go to the breeders and see it for my self in person how it reacts toward me if it is friendly or afraid of me, same with a kitten, if kittens are not socialized they can be afraid of people too! It's like buying a used car, you might be getting someone elses problem!;)

A

Alice

Absolutely, if at all possible it's always best to go visit any cat or kitten first before you bring it into your home.... You just never know! I just thought I would pass along the info though in case it might help anyone :)
Glad you are thinking with your head and not your heart! Tough to do sometimes!

Glamouresque

Savannah Super Cat
For adult or kitten, if it's your first cat, it's not a big problem I think. You can see is temperament already. A kitten can change a lot the first months.

Just made me thought of a visit for a kitten last morning, the would prefer one of my adult instead ;) she was so nice, headbutting and purring (Marguerite, the savannah in my avatar).

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Alice, I hope ek exotics are not scamers. Do you know anyone that has bought from them that I can talk to first? :cautious:
I have two F1s from EK Exotics. I believe they were asking $15,000 and up for their 75% kittens, but I don't think they have any available right now. However, you can email Erik and ask: ekexotics@charter.net

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I believe Patti has a couple of F1s from Eric at EK Exotics and has even been to his place, I remember seeing pictures once.

I actually spoke with Eric a couple weeks back about a rescue situation I had there in Oregon, and he seemed very nice. And willing to jump to and help with housing some cats temporarily if we might need him, which I think a very good sign in a breeder when they are so willing to help with the breed rescue group :)

Diane

Savannah Super Cat
Thanks for the info on EK Exotics Brigitte and Patti...:) If I'm going to spend that kind of money, I might as well go to Select Exotics, their in Illinois closer to me. A high percentage F2 would probably be a little more affordable for me too. I have a F3 right now but I like the more serval look in the higher generations. I just love the huge ears and the ocelli markings on them. Hopefully I can find a price that would work for me so I can get my F1 or F2.:)