Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Slow Day for Elsa

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Today started off slow, and stayed that way most of the day... Elsa for a 2nd day in a row let me put her Walking Jacket on with no problems and she worked well with it.. She still does not like the leash, but is tolerating it for the time being.

After Breakfast she played fetch a little more until Jake came around and then they played together...
Elsa-01.JPG Elsa-02.JPG Elsa-03.JPG
After Breakfast she played fetch a little more until Jake came around and then they played together... Following they both decided that it was nap time.
Elsa-04.JPG
Later working on the computer she decides to snuggle in behind me... This is quickly becoming her favorite place. when she is not running around getting into something.
Elsa-05.JPG
After working so hard, see decided she would take a good stretched out break for both of us... When I get up, she has no problems consuming more space...
Elsa-06.JPG
And before bed time (and wonder why she gets restless when it is time to go to bed) she is relaxing watching a little TV.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
I am so jealous. All the pictures I took of Rafiki at that age were either of her sleeping or a blur that vaguely resembled a cat-type-thing.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
I am so jealous. All the pictures I took of Rafiki at that age were either of her sleeping or a blur that vaguely resembled a cat-type-thing.

many of the pictures are luck and just plain chance... The one with her setting behind me are the tough ones... Holding the camera out, and pointing it back to me with the weight of that camera is probably the hardest one... Noting the 4 picture... I love taking pictures, and I love my cat, Put the 2 together and you have heaven... So to speak... I made my self a promise that I was going to take a lot of pictures of her growing up, as I did not do that wit Sylvester and I regret it so much... So many memories that I have lost.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member

You mention blurred images.. Were you using a Point and Shoot camera... If so, that is probably the problem as once you take the picture, you have to wait for it to do all the settings and by that time she is moving and thus a blur.

I use a high end Professonal Nikon with F2.8 lens and that allows me to shoot with a very fast shutter making for a quicker more reliable shot. Most of my shots are with a flash (as you see the camera configured in a previous post) using the flash as fill in and to better color balance. If you are interested more in cameras, check out my posts in the photo section... I just put out some info on a New Nikon that is great for the consumer that is open ended to add better len's and other equipment with it.