Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Don't you have any local pet store that carries Feline Pine or similar? I get my wood pellets from a feed and tack shop (horse stall bedding) for $7 per 40lbs.

Kinna

Savannah Super Cat
Don't you have any local pet store that carries Feline Pine or similar? I get my wood pellets from a feed and tack shop (horse stall bedding) for $7 per 40lbs.

Unfortunately no, I've been to 3 different pet stores and checked the website of the main large pet store chain. I'm going to try sWheat Scoop or WBCL. They're almost the same price per pound (26c difference compared to the green bag of WBCL) so I'm not sure which one to pick. I went to a pet store and got the sWheat Scoop because they didn't have the regular WBCL, but now I'm reconsidering since they're much more similar in price than I thought. I know the sWheat Scoop got the reputation of being dusty lately, but there's a window on the bag and it seems to be fine. I could return/exchange since I didn't open the bag yet.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I have heard a bad report about Swheat Scoop (clumping in the stomach causing an obstruction) - of course it is only one anecdotal story but I have always avoided it.

Kinna

Savannah Super Cat
I have heard a bad report about Swheat Scoop (clumping in the stomach causing an obstruction) - of course it is only one anecdotal story but I have always avoided it.

I ended up returning the sWheat Scoop. I got ExquisiCat pine cobble litter instead from PetSmart. I also got her some regular clay litter to transition her. :)

I'm so excited, 3 more days after today!

Kinna

Savannah Super Cat
WooHoo!!! Any updated photos to tide us over in the meantime???

Sorry for not replying for so long, I was moving and had no internet connection!

The little Sagira did wonderfully from the evening we got her. She's extremely adaptable: no issues with food or litter changes, meeting new people or going to new places, and even long car rides! She adopted us quickly and soon started to sleep with and on us. Last night, she slept on me for a good 8 hours and complained every time I shifted my position or had to move her because my side hurt too much haha!

The only thing I'm worried about is consistently soft feces and a bit of sneezing (no discharge at the eyes or nose, just a very thin layer of white at the nose that makes me think of allergies or winter nose issues). For now I'm blaming the environment and food change plus lots of dust with the move, but if it gets worse, I'll go see the vet.

I tried to attach pictures but the bar stays stuck at 100% and nothing happens. :(

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
As a precaution, have your vet do a fecal PCR to ensure she's parasite-free. The pictures won't load if they're too big so you probably need to crop them.

Kinna

Savannah Super Cat
As a precaution, have your vet do a fecal PCR to ensure she's parasite-free. The pictures won't load if they're too big so you probably need to crop them.

She still needs her 3rd dewormer so that could be it. She's scheduled to get it on Sept 15th, so if it doesn't get better after that, I'll definitely look into it more.

The pictures were just from my phone but I can reduce them and try again. :)

Kinna

Savannah Super Cat
The first image was from the 2 hour car ride home from the breeder. She was using the stuffed lamb as a pillow in her carrier. :3 She accepted the harness surprisingly well after having a bit of an initial freak out.
The 4th is also in the car. She actually gets upset when the car is turned off and/or the music stops playing. Car equals sleepy time to her!

IMG_20170820_213500 M.jpg IMG_20170821_172559 M.jpg IMG_20170821_173335 M.jpg IMG_20170822_165647 M.jpg IMG_20170823_165109 M.jpg IMG_20170823_171940 M.jpg IMG_20170823_172815 M.jpg IMG_20170823_175447 M.jpg