Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

The All in One Toy Thread - Post your cat's favorites

DChap

Site Supporter
I didn't realize they make a kitty babble ball :big grin: I got Shango one of the dog ones that makes different animal noises. He likes it ok, but definitely not his favorite toy. The monkey sound seems to get his attention the most out of all the noises lol! I might have to find the kitty version and give it a try.
We have both and I prefer the noises the kitty one makes much better. The dog one is actually irritating to me LOL! The cats seem to like both. Honestly at 3am either one of them is quite annoying :LOL:

Chuckbob

Savannah Super Cat
Loki's favorite toys,

Socks to put in water bowl
feather toys
Balls or anything that rolls.
Boxes any size
Christmas wrapping bows silver and gold are favorites. (oddly these never get chewed just batted around)
cloth tug of war monkey (spent half it's life in the dryer)
rope toys (made for dogs but are indestructible and are great for nail sharpening)
Loki cuts the sting on cat wands almost instantly so I made him a 6' cat wand with a bamboo pole and waxed garden twine. I buy feather ends in six packs as they don't survive long.
Most of his toys come from the dog section as he's very hard on toys.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Loki's favorite toys,

Loki cuts the sting on cat wands almost instantly so I made him a 6' cat wand with a bamboo pole and waxed garden twine. QUOTE]
The Hyendry wands are the only ones that Rafiki cannot snap. When I buy something other than Da Bird or Hyendry toys to attach, I have to switch out the connectors with heavy weight fishing lure connectors or she will cause that part to snap and run off with the toy

Chuckbob

Savannah Super Cat
The Hyendry wands are the only ones that Rafiki cannot snap. When I buy something other than Da Bird or Hyendry toys to attach, I have to switch out the connectors with heavy weight fishing lure connectors or she will cause that part to snap and run off with the toy
LOL Loki just turns his head sideways so the string is in his back teeth and just like scissors that cord cuts every time. I use the waxed garden twine because he doesn't like the feeling of the wax on his teeth so he doesn't cut them as fast. I was using the lure connectors but he can cut the line so fast I worry he will swallow one. He broke both of my cat wands (fiberglass) the first day we got him. I use the bamboo canes because I have a backyard full of them and I can actually lift him off the ground with one. Impossible to snap.

DumaLove

Site Supporter
Staff member
LOL Loki just turns his head sideways so the string is in his back teeth and just like scissors that cord cuts every time. I use the waxed garden twine because he doesn't like the feeling of the wax on his teeth so he doesn't cut them as fast. I was using the lure connectors but he can cut the line so fast I worry he will swallow one. He broke both of my cat wands (fiberglass) the first day we got him. I use the bamboo canes because I have a backyard full of them and I can actually lift him off the ground with one. Impossible to snap.
The Hyendry OMG wands use the same metal line they use for deep sea shark fishing. There's no way he could snap that in his teeth. You should try them. The Raptor is their newest and hardiest one. And they are having a 25% sale this weekend.

Chuckbob

Savannah Super Cat
The Hyendry OMG wands use the same metal line they use for deep sea shark fishing. There's no way he could snap that in his teeth. You should try them. The Raptor is their newest and hardiest one. And they are having a 25% sale this weekend.
LOL that would probably work.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Yes, the OMG wand is what I was referring to! Now the only thing that she can do is rip the entire thing out of my hands and run off!

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Loki just turns his head sideways so the string is in his back teeth and just like scissors that cord cuts every time.
I'm told that rooster saddle feathers are the toughest in the world, and so thin they just slip through a cat's teeth. To be honest, I've only used these toys on my kittens and young adults, but they are usually the most aggressive players and I've never had a problem with either them chewing off the feathers or being able to extract it from their mouth or claws.

SavannahLuv

Site Supporter
The kitty babble ball was a hit with Shango. He LOVES it and has played with it every day, multiple times a day, since I got it for him last week.

The animal sounds babble ball still doesn't interest him very much. It's bigger than the kitty one, I think I had got the size medium, so not sure if he likes the smaller size or if he just prefers the noises the kitty one makes. I also think the kitty ball is quieter so it's not as annoying to listen to.

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
While all of my cats enjoy wand toys, and Bunny Batters, the stuff they like best are boxes, milk jug rings (Yeti plays fetch with them), paper bags, and wads of paper for soccer matches.