Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

TNT - getting fixed

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
When I would board Bobo at the vets (we had a pet sitter come in for the others but Bobo had heart issues so I preferred he was more closely monitored and medicated), he would go with his bag packed with all sorts of things including toys. When they had a break in cases, he'd get to come out of the cage and play with them.... I also packed more "normal" items such as a familiar pet bed and his food. I'm sure it was unusual but then I've rarely been accused of being normal ;-)

bxrpwr

Savannah Super Cat
They are home and happy. Turbo has changed a little in personality, for the better. He is more cuddly, but also more bossy. He really wants to be outside all the time. We can't build him an outside pen yet, and the snow will be here soon(it's already snowing in the hills-this is Canada afterall). But he's happier! Targa, she's still just Targa.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Glad to hear everything went well. Do you take them out for walks on a harness and leash? That might help curb Turbo's drive to get outside.

Eddies

Eddies a ham!
Eddie took his kitty crate with bed, favorite stuffed lobster, blankie, & his own food in his own bowl...we are "out in the cornfields" & the vet usually leaves the animals alone for the night but Eddie had 2 vet assistants over night with him...1 was my niece. This is our vets first Savannah & he has an 8x10 of Eddies first visit on his wall...being a crazy cat lady is OK...life is what you make it (sort of) enjoy what you can, improve what you need to, & let no dust settle...

bxrpwr

Savannah Super Cat
Glad to hear everything went well. Do you take them out for walks on a harness and leash? That might help curb Turbo's drive to get outside.
We take him out almost every day. If I can, usually after work unless it's dark outside, and Stu takes him out during the day. Targa doesn't like to be outside anymore.. I think it's too cold for her now. Turbo doesn't mind. He loves running around the yard and chases everything. We take him outside as much as we can.. being that Stu broke his neck.. someday's he's not able too.. Even if we take him out for an hour or ten minutes, he still dashes at the door trying to get out.. I just feel bad that I cannot let him outside all the time.

NikkiA

Site Supporter
. I just feel bad that I cannot let him outside all the time.
Don't feel bad. An hour a day is great. He is lucky to have such a thoughtful human, and in the long run he is much safer only going outside on a leash and living inside with you. Left to his own devices, our D would be outside all the time too, but it just isn't safe. We resort to picking him up so he doesn't door dart, or throwing a fetch stick to him when we leave if he is in a more mellow mood. Vertical space helps with our guy also, he likes to climb.
Hang in there. You and Stu are great cat parents.

bxrpwr

Savannah Super Cat
Don't feel bad. An hour a day is great. He is lucky to have such a thoughtful human, and in the long run he is much safer only going outside on a leash and living inside with you. Left to his own devices, our D would be outside all the time too, but it just isn't safe. We resort to picking him up so he doesn't door dart, or throwing a fetch stick to him when we leave if he is in a more mellow mood. Vertical space helps with our guy also, he likes to climb.
Hang in there. You and Stu are great cat parents.
Thanks NikkiA! I appreciate that. They have TONS of vertical space, and we toss the ball around the house for Turbo lots now. It's been between -5 to -20 here in the last two weeks, so he hasn't been out once, but the cold has stopped most of the door dashing!