Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Urgent Request

Xtine

Savannah Super Cat
When I watch our 7 year old son play with our Savannah's I smile from the inside out. When he comes home from school they are waiting for him by the door and after 10 min of headbutts, kisses and kitty licks the games begin. Some of the games they play are fetch, da Bird, races, hide and seek, oh and bath time water play (woo-hoo). Bed time is the best, all three of them climb into bed and snuggle up for a story.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Savannahs are a wonderful and unique domestic cat breed that are marvelous allies, amazing clowns, playful partners, mischievous imps, and loyal companions. My savannahs greet me at the door when I come home, follow me everywhere, beg for play time, and curl up next to me at bedtime. They are an essential part of my life and I can't imagine a world without them.

Mrs.CC

Savannah Super Cat
I've had cats for years, but none quite compare to my Savannah. He is loaded with personality, has a level of energy that I would give anything to have, and is curious about everything. He is so loving...nuzzles at my neck, and tickles the heck out of me when he sniffs around my ears and cheeks. He loves to be around family, and follows us around like a puppy. My 10 year old loves him to pieces; laughing at his agility and the amazing flips he performs while playing fetch. If there ever was a breed of cat that closely resembled a clown, it would be the Savannah. They have you laughing until it hurts and wondering what entertaining thing they'll come up with next!!

Becki

Savannah Super Cat
Whoever coined the term "Velcro kitty" must have had a Savannah in mind. My precious girl is always waiting for me at the door, is in my lap when I sit down, and snuggles up without fail at bedtime. This cat fetches better than any retriever, not to mention her other antics that make us laugh so hard all stress from the day is gone. She sits at our 22 month old's play table for tea parties, she holds "conversations" with our 14 year old and is a subject of said 14 year old's tweets for whatever cute thing that happened, and she turned my anticat husband into a Savannah fanatic. She is such a very much loved, important member of our family.

M

MK Anderson

I've grown up with cats almost my whole life. I had a 10 yr. span where I didn't! I got a Savannah about 4 yrs ago and have NEVER owned a cat like him, or he owns me ;). When I wake up in the morning he will race down my stairs to head butt me and purr loud, want to be petted, he greets me at the door anytime I walk through it, will sit in my lap for hours,makes me laugh so hard at times, flow me around the house and will tap his foot on things he would like. If he want to eat he will get me to go to the fridge and tap his foot on the door(his food is in there), if he wants to play with a toy he will start tapping on his toy box, same goes for treats and cat nip..... He is the most wonderful cat I've ever owned and is a huge party of my life. He doesn't have a mean bone in his body. He will run and hide if my other two cat are having a fight, he is very non-confrontational and would never in-gauge in a fight either.... When anyone comes over to our home he will go over and get to know them. A total Love and I cant image my life without him!

Mrs.CC

Savannah Super Cat
I've grown up with cats almost my whole life. I had a 10 yr. span where I didn't! I got a Savannah about 4 yrs ago and have NEVER owned a cat like him, or he owns me ;). When I wake up in the morning he will race down my stairs to head butt me and purr loud, want to be petted, he greets me at the door anytime I walk through it, will sit in my lap for hours,makes me laugh so hard at times, flow me around the house and will tap his foot on things he would like. If he want to eat he will get me to go to the fridge and tap his foot on the door(his food is in there), if he wants to play with a toy he will start tapping on his toy box, same goes for treats and cat nip..... He is the most wonderful cat I've ever owned and is a huge party of my life. He doesn't have a mean bone in his body. He will run and hide if my other two cat are having a fight, he is very non-confrontational and would never in-gauge in a fight either.... When anyone comes over to our home he will go over and get to know them. A total Love and I cant image my life without him!
I can just picture the foot tapping...too cute, and so smart! :)

Rylie

Diorcats
I can't imagine what my life was like before my first savannah. Initially, I was attracted to their exotic looks but I was immediately attached to their completely loveable personalities. They bond deeply with their owners, more deeply than I've ever experience with any other animal, and they love unconditionally. I can't imagine a day without my savannah running to greet me at the door with several welcoming headbutts. She doesn't have to come when I call her- because she is never not by my side! She lays by my feet while I cook, follows me while I clean, sits next to me while I browse online, & sleeps next to my side. Savannahs are not your typical cat in that they want to be loved on their terms only, they are always will to be affectionate. Savannahs are also very playful! They will fetch like a dog or play tug-o-war! They are an extremely intelligent breed and can figure out puzzles and even work out cute ways to communicate with you! This breed is truly one of a kind, and worthy of a shot to be in any loving home.

Sourek

Savannah Super Cat
My first pets of any kind let alone cats, were my Savannahs and I have to say they've surpassed all expectations I've had prior to getting them. Amazingly smart and energetic, after a few short months with them, I really can't imagine living without them. They quickly became part of my family. I've introduced them to all my nieces and nephews, and it always surprises me how well they behave themselves around small children. I really have no better way to describe Savannahs than to say they are nothing short of amazing creatures.

Here is a pic of Nero in one of my Nieces arms, don't know if it helps. photo.JPG