Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

UV filter water fountain

admin

Paige
Staff member
decided to get this drinkwell fountain for the Wonder Twins. Looked at the Glacier Point, but frak me, the Dynamic Duo would destroy that in a day. This fountain looks like something the would enjoy and not destroy.

So Paige, what's this other fountain that is supposed to be coming to the forum soon??? Will need to get two more likely.

Steven, I would stick with the glacier point...mine absolutely love it and Barry makes it so they cannot destroy it - just tell him you are from the forum and need it savannah proofed :)

All of my savannahs prefer his fountain! He has been an avid supporter of the forum and even if he wasn't, I prefer his as well...

dice

Site Supporter
Hmm, truthfully, all me cats purrfer drinking out of my water glass :roflmao:

Main reason I am getting this fountain is, the twin's love to play in the water, and looks purrfect for their age. They destroy this, no big loss, they demolish the other, ....,

Will likely get one for my main bedroom, and if it proves worthy get the chiller fur up stairs.

admin

Paige
Staff member
I have the chiller... They love the cold water...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

dice

Site Supporter
Well the kids love the drinkwell fountain. Went through 1/2 gal of water in like 15 minutes!!

They actually drink some too:roflmao: they do think it's a wading pool and shower though :)

Wish I'd of known there was an ss version for $20 more.

All in all a great first first fountain fur me twin F2's

Trishy

Site Supporter
I have been looking at the Drinkwell fountains and I ordered the plastic one dice only because the stainless has plastic clips to hold the fountain in which of course the kids would find great joy in figuring out how to remove. Also I found a cord track in home depot that screws to the wall to try and keep the cord safe after seeing your twins uncle Atticus dragging his fountain away by the awful snake that was attached to it. The track cover pops off so we shall see how long that lasts but I figure it's worth a try. :)

dice

Site Supporter
Here's a few pic's of the Twins using the fountain.!!

fvCB6ch.jpg
BgoY4y9.jpg
KteHvxp.jpg

K9i1ndP.jpg

As you see, I opted for the "MacGyver" duct tap method to secure the ac cord. Also used the lid to one of the litter boxes as a splash basin. They still get some outside the splash zone, but it helps.!!! :roflmao:

Tink loves to wade around the posse, and of course, anything Tink can do, well, Rufio must do also, or something like that :)

Was thinking of putting some floaty fish toys in the trough, but Teri doesn't think that's a very good idea. :roflmao: Hmm, may have to get a couple of gold fish just for fun :)

Really impressed with the simplistic efficient design of this system. Easy to clean, Very stable design. Heck, Rufio was standing on top of the fountain, then leaped onto Tink, no movement of the fountain was observed.!! lmao.

cbain

Site Supporter
I can't understand why our cats drink out of the pond when they get a fresh bowl of bottled water every day in their enclosure. DSCN0696.JPG DSCN0697.JPG

Trishy

Site Supporter
cbain... pond water ALWAYS tastes better :)

dice, you are describing my life right now, lol. EVERYTHING that can't be screwed down is duct taped! In fact picked up white duct tape to match the cord cover "just in case", :)

Rafiki

Site Supporter
I was thinking about posting a thread asking members what bottled water tastes most like tap? Rafiki infinitely prefers drinking tap water out of the sink or water from the hose than her nice bottled water!

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
Bottled water has very few, if any, minerals in it. Tap water does. They know they need the minerals.