Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Veterinarians by State

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I don't think a vet needs to have seen Savannahs before, as has been said what is important is that they are a good vet AND they don't express any fear or anxiety about handling one. As long as they are simply curious and interested that is great... and they will learn with you :)

dice

Site Supporter
I have been using Dr Campbell for over 8 years, with 5 years of being Spontaneity and Sampson's attending Vet. Simply love this guy, and shows nothing but respect and awe for all my animals.

Dr Campbell is at:

College Way Animal Hospital
3801 E College Way,
Mount Vernon, Washington 98273
(360) 848-1189

https://www.facebook.com/CollegeWayPets

I am looking for one in Southwestern, PA also. We have been using Cheat Lake Animal Hospital in Cheat Lake, WV. They have a cat friendly area and are open 24/7, so they are great for after-hours emergencies. They are, however, slow to get back to you if you need a call back to answer a question... if they call back at all. They would rather just have you come in and pay for an appointment, no matter what you need to know. They are also very expensive. In our emergency situations, the cost didn’t matter and they were knowledgeable and friendly. They have no fear of Savannahs and while they aren’t completely familiar with the breed, they are still willing to learn. I would like to find a more economical everyday veterinarian, for regular maintenance outside of emergencies. Cheat Lake is great, but they have their Pros and Cons.

Akila

Site Supporter
I am still looking. I talked to a girl at the veterinary hospital and she told me about her vet who is in the Strip District but I didn’t right it down and I forgot the Doctors name. I will probably go back and ask her again.She has a Bengal so it sounds like the vet is knowledgeable about exotic cats.

I will post his name and address when I get it.

Right now I feel like I have to stay with the vet I have until all of Akila’s test results come back.