Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Vito has Idiopathic Cystitis

Vito

Site Supporter
Since Vito's recent problem suffering from cystitis he simply refuses to use a hooded litter tray, take the hood off, no problem and he will use it. I'm thinking is it possible he associates the hooded tray with pain in passing urine? Just wondered if any of you guys have had a similar problem. I don't mind if this is his choice, it's just rather messy when he digs.

Sean

Site Supporter
I had a cat with Polycystic kidney disease. She did not like a box.
Before she passed away she would do anything to avoid the box.

She was a Himalayan cat and the 2nd one that I had grace my house.
She was a large part of why I went with Savannah Cats.

Vito

Site Supporter
I had a cat with Polycystic kidney disease. She did not like a box.
Before she passed away she would do anything to avoid the box.

She was a Himalayan cat and the 2nd one that I had grace my house.
She was a large part of why I went with Savannah Cats.
He's using the box, just won't use it with the lid on anymore since having cystitis.

Vito

Site Supporter
Just a little update on Vitos cystitis, I have been using the FELIWAY CYSTEASE for a couple of months now and I must say with great success. It's cleared up any issues with the idiopathic cystitis and also seems to have helped with anxiety (separation anxiety) in his case, he hates being left for anymore than a couple of hours, despite having the company of other felines.
I would highly recommend the use of this product for anyone with similar bladder/urinary issues that their savannah may be experiencing, it is advocated by veterinarians just for good measure.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Thanks for the update @Vito. I kept Juba on it for a month, every other day, and he did great. He had an episode approx. 2 wks after I stopped so he's back on every other day and I'll keep him on longer to see what happens.

Vito

Site Supporter
Thanks for the update @Vito. I kept Juba on it for a month, every other day, and he did great. He had an episode approx. 2 wks after I stopped so he's back on every other day and I'll keep him on longer to see what happens.
Hi, that's good it seemed to be working for Juba, Vito has been on it 8 weeks now, and I'm considering now giving it every two days and see how he goes, but I definitely feel it has been a great help to him. Please let me know how Juba gets on, I'd be interested to hear. Hope all your guys are doing well, how's the gorgeous Atticus doing these days?