Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Walking jacket needed???

Jeni

Aniyah's mommy
Ok so any suggestions here?

I'm driving to get my baby girl on Sept 1st. She'll be flying from Tucson to DFW (about 8 hours travel time) and then riding with me in the car for 5 hours MORE to Lubbock (home). We can't fly her directly into Lubbock's airport because we are too small :cry: So....my concern is that my poor baby will be traveling ALL day long and I want to be prepared as much as possible to comfort her in any way. IF she is screaming to get out of her crate, I certainly don't want her all over the car while I'm trying to drive. My first thought was that if I had a jacket and leash, at least she won't be able to hide somewhere without us at least having a line to her. I'm taking my 19 year-old daughter with me for assistance should I need it. I could be totally off base but??? I have ZERO experience driving for so long with a kitty.

She's an F2 and will be 13 weeks old and I don't have measurements of course because I don't have her yet. Just wondering if you thought I should get a walking jacket and leash just in case? Of course I need one whether it's now or later, just want your thoughts on if you think it'd fit her at this point or ?

I just have no idea what to expect!!!

D

DocMac

I work with my babies on wearing and walking in a civilized manner because a lot of homes want to walk their pets. Not everyone does that, though. It's just personal preference.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Noted :) Maybe I can find out from the breeder if she's had any exposure to a walking jacket then. Thanks!

That would be the best idea...and you will probably want to keep her in the carrier anyway...she will feel safe that way.

D

DocMac

Jeni,
Is your avatar the photo of your baby? I can see why you're excited.

Jeni

Aniyah's mommy
That's my girl!!! She just looked WAY too sassy and "princessesque" for me NOT to use that one:lol:. Per the breeder, she's a love bug and super sweet. I wanna hug my computer on a daily basis because she's my screen saver. 10 more days!!!!!!!!!!!

Nitro

and his servant, Paul
Unless the breeder is the one putting on the walking jacket, I would NOT put a walking jacket on her. Let her stay in the crate for your journey home; if you want to comfort her, talk to her on the car ride home.

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Great advice all. Just turn the radio up loud and sing along with the lyrics and the kitten ;)

And huge congrats, Jeni, on Aniyah!

Jeni

Aniyah's mommy
Great advice all! I've contacted the breeder and will see if she's got a jacket to acclimate her to. Either way, we'll make it just fine. And although we are still 10 days out from the trip - my list is growing: earplugs, good music, and more earplugs just in case;) Thanks guys!!!