Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

What does this even mean?

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
While at Petsmart the other day the lady that runs the local adoption agency through Petsmart was there & stopped me when she saw Kovu & was talking to me about some Savannah kittens she has.

I've mentioned her on here before. How I guess she buys the kittens from a backyard breeder &then turns around to sell them for a nice profit. Anyway, someone else stopped & said "Oh what a beautiful cat.." & was asking about the breed.

The lady from the rescue said, 'Oh you should come with me & I'll show you some pictures of Savannah kittens that we have at the rescue. I still have 3 of them & they are at least $1000 cheaper than what she payed for hers. But they were bred Savannah to Savannah so they don't have a number, like hers is an F4. I can't remember what these guys are called."

Whaaat? lol Is it just me, or does that not even make sense??

admin

Paige
Staff member
it makes sense to a point, since many breeders simply call their SBT's, SBT's...I always delineate as do others.

Anyway, this woman needs to be stopped as the kittens are not getting the care they need...we have discussed this before, yes?

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
it makes sense to a point, since many breeders simply call their SBT's, SBT's...I always delineate as do others.

Anyway, this woman needs to be stopped as the kittens are not getting the care they need...we have discussed this before, yes?

Yes Paige, we have. And it seems like every 6-9 months she has new Savannah kittens to sell.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I probably would have a word with the Petsmart. As far as I know, they intend this to be for rescued kitties and for someone to be regularly selling Savannah kittens doesn't seem to go with their "rescue" ethic.

Next time I think you should pipe up and say "you get what you pay for... when a kitten is cheaper than it should be for its given breed there's generally a reason for it"... and walk off.

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
I probably would have a word with the Petsmart. As far as I know, they intend this to be for rescued kitties and for someone to be regularly selling Savannah kittens doesn't seem to go with their "rescue" ethic.

Next time I think you should pipe up and say "you get what you pay for... when a kitten is cheaper than it should be for its given breed there's generally a reason for it"... and walk off.
I did tell the lady that he was more expensive than the "rescued" kittens because I bought him directly from a reputable Savannah breeder that is registered with TICA.

M

MK Anderson

While at Petsmart the other day the lady that runs the local adoption agency through Petsmart was there & stopped me when she saw Kovu & was talking to me about some Savannah kittens she has.

I've mentioned her on here before. How I guess she buys the kittens from a backyard breeder &then turns around to sell them for a nice profit. Anyway, someone else stopped & said "Oh what a beautiful cat.." & was asking about the breed.

The lady from the rescue said, 'Oh you should come with me & I'll show you some pictures of Savannah kittens that we have at the rescue. I still have 3 of them & they are at least $1000 cheaper than what she payed for hers. But they were bred Savannah to Savannah so they don't have a number, like hers is an F4. I can't remember what these guys are called."

Whaaat? lol Is it just me, or does that not even make sense??
Ashley, Uggg are you serious?!!! She told me she was going to stop with these people!!!! NOT GOOD!!

M

MK Anderson

I did tell the lady that he was more expensive than the "rescued" kittens because I bought him directly from a reputable Savannah breeder that is registered with TICA.
Do you know if she is going to be there today, Ashley?

M

MK Anderson

You can also insinuate that the quality of the kitten is not going to be great if the breeder is just somewhat throwing away via a Petsmart "rescue" group...
This women(rescue) bugged me Brigitte about 8ms ago(i think) to take some cats from this so called breeder and that they were stopping this!

M

MK Anderson

Paige, this is the recuse women that was bugging me! I told you about about 8ms ago....Funny she said she would NEVER deal with this breeder again, uggg.