Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

What Food Processor for Raw Batches?

MasterC17

Site Supporter
Chris you're much better off getting an actual meat grinder that can do bones for that amount of money. This is the small grinder I recommend, it is warranteed to do soft bones like chicken and rabbit: http://www.onestopjerkyshop.com/tasin-ts-108-tasin-ts-108-electric-meat-grinder/

Many raw feeders use a Weston 22 or something similar, but that's a much more expensive machine and overkill for how much you make in your batches. Here we make about 80-120 pounds at a time. :)
Ok, grinder has been purchased! 80-120 pounds at a time - wow! I can't imagine that haha

DumaLove

Site Supporter
Staff member
Ok, grinder has been purchased! 80-120 pounds at a time - wow! I can't imagine that haha
LOL!! It took quite a while to work up to that doing that amount at once. Takes almost a whole weekend. But it takes me longer to clean up than it does to grind so I'd rather do more at a time and do it less often. :)

Connie P.

Savannah Super Cat
I usually ground 10lbs at a time into a large container and mix in the supplements by hand.
I don’t know a thing about making Masai’s food from scratch. Currently, I am buying Darwin’s. Can some of you that make your own give me the recipe, and let me know where to get the ingredients? I am wanting #2 Savannah and Darwin’s will be expensive for 2. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ninja-n-Bear

Site Supporter
I don’t know a thing about making Masai’s food from scratch. Currently, I am buying Darwin’s. Can some of you that make your own give me the recipe, and let me know where to get the ingredients? I am wanting #2 Savannah and Darwin’s will be expensive for 2. Thanks!

Here's link to a thread with some awesome recipes from Dumalove. I think she mentions where she gets everything, too.

http://www.savannahcatchat.com/thre...en-beef-or-rabbit-mix.6252/page-2#post-123580

Rafiki

Site Supporter

I used Darwin for 2 years......then they switched the formula without giving me the heads up so that I could transition and both cats snubbed. The following month was absolute hell with one cat extremely sick from not eating. If you continue to use Darwin, make sure that they eat a variety of other foods as well because Darwin changes the recipe every couple of years. DumaLove's recipes are a great place to start. If you don't want to be as strict with the organ meat, make sure you have a good supplement like Mazuri or Kitty Bloom.