Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Whats the odds of having a Savannah mix ?

I got a male cat a few months ago , he was not neutered and his owners were going to dump him , So we took him in. He was the meanest and strongest cat I have ever come across .. He attacked me and tore chunks out of my hand , I have never in my life felt that much strength from a cat before. He looks like a typical Tabby for the most part . But he is very very long for a cat , seems to be on the thinner side but not under weight , he checks in at 9lbs . His face is rounded like a lion , no indents from the nose to cheeks. His ears are almost rounded and more open . He is typical Tabby grey with black stripping but on his tummy he is light to med golden brown with black spotting... He can sit on the back of my couch and with no effort jump 10 feet across the room to the big custom cat tower/activity center and and land on top of it which stands about 7 feet tall. He does it with complete ease... So with all this info , what is the chances he is part savannah? Oh by the way since being fixed he is a big ole baby love bug now , no more fearing him ..

Patti

Admin
Staff member
The physical features you are describing sound more like a Bengal than a Savannah. Can you post some pics of him?

Yeah when he comes back in from his outdoor guarding the house duty lol I will take pics ...I was thinking Bangal at first but then I was thinking with his ease of long jumping and strength maybe savannah...

Eddies

Eddies a ham!
Tigger is almost 1 year old, has spots on a tan belly, swirls of black over gray with a round fat face & beautiful ears....10 pounds. He keeps up with the 2 Savannahs & yes jumps as good as they do altho his landing is harder. Irregardless of breed did you get him neutered yet? Sounds like he needs it!

yes he is neutered now and amazing now ..He refused to stand lol got the best pics I could

Attachments

• c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 17
  • c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 15
  • c3.jpg
    c3.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 15
  • c4.jpg
    c4.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 15
  • c5.jpg
    c5.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 17

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
What a nice handsome boy!

I don't see either Savannah or Bengal, but possible. He can be whatever you want to call him :)

LOL I call him my big ole ham baby.... I would assume normal Tabby but with some amazing jumping skills and strength and very big... lol who knows , I heard there is no current DNA testing for Savannah . SO I guess I leave it up too there is a possibility but who will ever know lol