Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

6 month old f5 with diarrhea

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Actually there are some raw diets that are specifically formulated for cats which include taurine, including Darwin's which has been discussed on the forum recently.

kabuki

Savannah Super Cat
Omg this guy is crazy, and I love it!
umy5a5us.jpg
ydumyhat.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Actually there are some raw diets that are specifically formulated for cats which include taurine, including Darwin's which has been discussed on the forum recently.

We only get certain brands here in Canada. I don't want to ship anything in because of cost. The lady said that all the meat used in Tollden Farms is Canadian and human grade. Maybe I will buy some taurine supplements just to be safe though

Patti

Admin
Staff member
You can't really overdose on taurine. If the Tollden Farms rep (NOT the store clerk where you buy it from) can guarantee there is adequate taurine in the diet you should be okay, otherwise it wouldn't hurt to add some just to make sure.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
You can't really overdose on taurine. If the Tollden Farms rep (NOT the store clerk where you buy it from) can guarantee there is adequate taurine in the diet you should be okay, otherwise it wouldn't hurt to add some just to make sure.

Thanks Patti. I went to another raw food specialty store. Tollden Farms is based here in Ontario, and she said she can put me in touch with them. However, she also said she has never seen taurine supplements, and none of the other Canadian brands have taurine listed as an ingredient. I think I will get in touch with the rep though, just to be sure.