Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Abbas sick to go healthy

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Chicken or duck neck bones are fine as long as they are either fresh or freeze-dried. Don't cook them.

Xenaph

Savannah Super Cat
Jasmine dont eat raw, what I can give her?

And if I dont find, what else without bone I can give to them? Heart of chicken ? It look like rigid.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
I buy Fresh Is Best freeze dried chicken or duck necks. My savannah loves chewing on these. I don't know if you have anything similar out your way. It takes her about an hour to chew thru one. http://www.freshisbest.com/natural-pet-food/pet-treats-chews/whole-chicken-necks-freeze-dried.html

The freeze dried chicken or duck hearts are also good. Both my cats love these and they are very nutritious but it only takes a minute or so to eat so it is not as good for cleaning the teeth.

You can also try the freeze dried duck or chicken feet.

You might also try silvervine sticks. They are literally small sticks that have the same effect as catnip. Some cats love them and some ignore them.
https://www.amazon.com/MRDN-NinjaCa...=1468945399&sr=1-2&keywords=silvervine+sticks

Patti

Admin
Staff member
You definitely don't want to cook the chicken necks - as Linda said, they should be raw or freeze dried.

Xenaph

Savannah Super Cat
I tried and dont find anything like freshisbest. I live at 15 min of vermont state, and it is not in the location of the website. Last time i ask something to my butcher, he look me very weird lol.

My breeder said i can buy checkchen drumstick fresh ?

pilon-de-poulet-cru-4302632.jpg

SlugMaster

Site Supporter
I take whole chickens and chop them in 1 to 2 ounce pieces. Freeze what I can't use in a couple of days. I feed this once a day. Be prepared to find bone bits on the floor. The vet says the cats teeth are very clean.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Yes, you can feed chicken drumsticks RAW - you cannot cook chicken with bone and give it to the cats.