Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Advice needed about ringworm....

IMingenius

Savannah Super Cat
Well, it is the area where the ringworm is located, but the skin peeling off is much larger. For example, on Jinx's head, the ringworm is mainly on the crease where his ear meets his head, but the skin that is peeling is at least an inch from the crease to the middle of his head. I've read about ringworm flaking but peeling is not mentioned. I'm very, very worried and am wondering if I need to take him to the emergency room!!! I'm very sorry if I am freaking out, but I am so concerned….I don't know what to do!!!!

IMingenius

Savannah Super Cat
Well, it is the area where the ringworm is located, but the skin peeling off is much larger. For example, on Jinx's head, the ringworm is mainly on the crease where his ear meets his head, but the skin that is peeling is at least an inch from the crease to the middle of his head. I've read about ringworm flaking but peeling is not mentioned. I'm very, very worried and am wondering if I need to take him to the emergency room!!! I'm very sorry if I am freaking out, but I am so concerned….I don't know what to do!!!!

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
What does it look like where the skin has peeled away? Is it new skin or is it raw flesh?

I'd not think it urgent enough to need the emergency room but you might call your vet in the morning about it...

Patti

Admin
Staff member
It sounds like his skin is reacting to something. Is there intact skin under the skin or is it peeling off to to deeper layers of tissue? Did they put something on his when they shaved him that he might have reacted to? Did you spread the ringworm medication in the area that is peeling? His skin is going to be more sensitive now because he has no hair to protect it, so you will need to keep an eye on him.

ms*kitty

Savannah Adult
Tea tree oil if humans get it. It is powerful and gets rid of it. I know my savannah had it whe I first got him. I guess I paid extra for that. Disinfect floors w bleach and wash cat bedding . Cats need interest and external med all at same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tea tree oil if humans get it. It is powerful and gets rid of it. I know my savannah had it whe I first got him. I guess I paid extra for that. Disinfect floors w bleach and wash cat bedding . Cats need interest and external med all at same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let's not forget to mention-- tea tree oil is poisonous for cats. Just a public safety announcement.