Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Am I My Savannah's Pillow?

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Yes. You are your cat's pillow and sometimes the entire bed.

Love the pic, btw....he looks so content and relaxed :)

MM3

Site Supporter
Oh I am so so so jealous! My kitty hasn't ever done that. And she hasn't slept with me either. Breeder claimed to have socialized her, but I have my doubts. Or maybe ?????

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Oh I am so so so jealous! My kitty hasn't ever done that. And she hasn't slept with me either. Breeder claimed to have socialized her, but I have my doubts. Or maybe ?????
Or maybe the kitten bonded so closely with the breeder and siblings she is having a hard time bonding with someone new. How old was she when she came to you? It's not common, but I have (rarely) seen a kitten just not adjust well to their new home because they were so traumatized by being taken away from the only home they knew (due to no one's fault, just their make-up).

MM3

Site Supporter
Or maybe the kitten bonded so closely with the breeder and siblings she is having a hard time bonding with someone new. How old was she when she came to you? It's not common, but I have (rarely) seen a kitten just not adjust well to their new home because they were so traumatized by being taken away from the only home they knew (due to no one's fault, just their make-up).
She was 12 weeks old, breeder kept them in a barn. Not in his home. Kitty will be 1 yr old next month.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Hmmm, that's a little different. Can't imagine too much socializing could go on in that situation unless he was living in the barn with them...

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Patience MM3. It may take a few years. I once took in a feral kitten at around 12 weeks. Was four years before that cat would sleep on the foot of the bed.