Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Appa, with FIP

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I'm so very sorry. It's definitely heartbreaking :-(

Have you and your fiancee discussed quality of life, and when you might have to consider that it is kinder for Appa to help her leave this life so she is no longer in pain? It's a very very hard thing to do, but often the kindest thing we can do for our beloved pets when there is no hope of recovery...

Or are you thinking you wish to pursue something like PI (polyphrenyl immunostimulant) first?

kravenheart

Savannah Super Cat
PI isnt useful for treating wet FIP, or so I thought.

We are talking about having to put her to sleep. But she is such a fighter. She wants to win, she wants to live. We can see it every moment. All she asks is that we be there and hold her. I can't because I'm in Europe, but my fiancee never leaves her alone, except when she has to work.

For now we are taking one day at a time. We will see how she does tomorrow.

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
My heart breaks for you, your fiance and Appa :(

I know you will do the right thing for her and her quality of life on this earth...

I am so sorry.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I'm so very sorry, this is one of the most heartbreaking things you'll ever have to live through. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Appa.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Agreed, most the research has said that PI is promising for dry FIP...but I know some that have tried it with the wet form so thought I'd ask.

I firmly believe that if you look into your kitty's eyes they will tell you when it is time to let them go. Sometimes it is a hard message to receive as we simply don't want to lose them. I am currently struggling with this question myself with a sick kitty...but they can also tell us they haven't given up the fight yet and all we can do is support them in that case.

KMcgown

Site Supporter
Very sorry to hear Appa is not feeling well again. It is heartbreaking to have to make the decision you will need to make but one of the kindest decisions as well, not to continue if she is suffering.

So incredibly heartbreaking to deal with this. The not knowing, and feeling of complete helplessness to fix her make it even worse than if she had lived a long life. I'm so sorry. :-(

Alicia

Savannah Super Cat
I am so, so sorry!!!!!! I cry every time someone loses a kitty!! Hardest thing ever to see your beloved pet suffering..... :cry: