Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Big Cat Rescue SPEWS NONSENSE AND IGNORANCE - Savannah Cats and Bengal Cats Make Bad Pets?

Rob1984

Savannah Super Cat

this was the most interaction ive seen them do with the savannahs
i cant believe they actually wonder why the cats dont seek affection from them
they dont even get in the cages

Connie P.

Savannah Super Cat

this was the most interaction ive seen them do with the savannahs
i cant believe they actually wonder why the cats dont seek affection from them
they dont even get in the cages
This video is ridiculous! I got so angry; I couldn't even finish watching it. Total "fake news." at it's finest.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
I can't watch the video. The fact that any animal is housed in their facilities literally makes me ill. One way to combat their lies is to post on their FB page and any other media where they appear. Tell our side of the story. A couple years ago, we did a survey to collect data that shot many of their lies out of the water and were able to successfully prevent banning of SVs & Bengals in California. Their Achilles heel is that they don't have solid data. to support their claims. They rely on anecdotal information and spin it into lies. The more times we answer their lies with truth, the less credible they become.

Lizerd619

Savannah Kitten
I saw the video they posted where BCR took in a savannah that was declawed and placed it into an outdoor cage and had to open the cage with sticks. I thought that was just ridiculous ! The lady turning the cat in spent a few minutes of the video hugging her cat! Yeah not very vicious at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sean

Site Supporter
I saw the video they posted where BCR took in a savannah that was declawed and placed it into an outdoor cage and had to open the cage with sticks. I thought that was just ridiculous ! The lady turning the cat in spent a few minutes of the video hugging her cat! Yeah not very vicious at all!

I happened to see that one too.

Sean

Site Supporter
Ugh . I cannot finish watching that video either.
I just want to run in and rescue him. He is beautiful and just needs some good healthy interaction and socializing—i.e. Love ❤️
I did watch most maybe and from what the owner was saying that is the same conclusion I came to.
Like any high energy animal they need an outlet and it you don't take to time to give them one they
will come up with one on there own and almost every time it is not good. I have worked with dogs and
horses and cats and every time the one that was acting out just needed a good outlet.

When I was a kit we had a stallion that his owner would leave him for days in a stall and he would
start kicking the walls. I spent some time with him and just taking him out for walks helped to
calm him down. He was a very high energy horse. And really that is what it is. Energy needing a safe
outlet. Once you find that you no longer have a bad cat,dog horse or other critter.

admin

Paige
Staff member
The issue with Beacher is that his breeder knows he's there and had refused to get him out. It makes me sick! Beacher was bred by Doreen Boileau of Drinkwater Savannahs... The owner of the cat let someone else have him and she is the one who turned him into BCR. I posted about it on FB and asked why Doreen isn't helping. Poor Beacher is still there. He went from living in a home to living outside in a cage. It makes me furious, but I can't help