Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Cougar Deterrant?

Ninja-n-Bear

Site Supporter
Well. Apparently someone has been watching us, and noting our gardening habits. I got a visitor two evenings ago. Yep, you guessed it - Ser Cougar. Just like last year, I didn't really get to see it - all I saw was his rather large form hulking along the other side of the fence toward the gate, where I was filling a jug to water our herbs. If I had been facing any other direction I never would have caught it!

Cougars do not like water. Or loud yelling. Or extra people showing up and ruining their party. He was already leaving by the time Mike got out there, I'll take that win.

Me = 1 Cougar = 0

I'll reiterate that I cannot wait to move. I know I'm making jokes, but it is a seriously freaky situation.

Ninja-n-Bear

Site Supporter
LOL, we've gone from a cougar to a couple of skunks living under our new house. Whee!

I finally laid eyes on the massive beast the day we packed the truck. We had gotten up at the crack of dawn, I went out to the porch and saw him across the road in the neighbors field. Huge cat. Huge! Of course, by the time I got my phone, he was gone.

SV Dad

Site Supporter
a couple of skunks living under our new house.
Oh Joy!
In my neck of the woods, those particular critters present their own unique problem, C(r)ook County has a rabies problem. And the skunks can be carriers.
Not sure if Ohio human urine dissuades skunks.
(Not to mention just last Friday we had a bat flying around the master bedroom and bath. Mayhem was doing his job and monitoring the situation closely, which is how we discovered the issue. Animal control came out at 2:30am to capture and then later test. Fortunately it was negative.)