Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Declawing cats

Kimmyqitty

Site Supporter
Past kitties were always declawed at a very young age. They were fine. Very well behaved and no psychological problems. On the other hand, my last kitty, before now, was not declawed and he did not destroy any of my furniture because we got him the appropriate scratching posts. He was happy to stick with them. Of course we had to do a little training on behalf of the furniture. :)

Kimmyqitty

Site Supporter
What I mean by before now, is my little "Blue" had to be put to sleep at the young age of year and a half cause he had FIP. But as for my new Savannah babies, I have chosen not to de-claw them. I will train them as to what they can and can not scratch on. And "Yes" it is sooooo do-able. I did it with my baby Blue. My man and I work very well together in the training of our kitties, and "Yes, again" they do learn, and they do listen! We are blessed :)