Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

did anyone get papers with their kitty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
What cattery software do you have, if any? Just about all can make a pedigree..but there's an online free website I knew of that you could do it with also.

But if you don't, you probably DO have the pedigrees on your cats and could send copies of both parents to a prospective buyer, right?

I do think that a buyer has a right to know the background of a cat they wish to purchase. Many don't care, but if they ask I believe a breeder should be able to give them that information.

Now, I know you only have one queen...but when purchasing a stud, wouldn't you wish to know ahead of purchasing him if there was significant relatedness between him and your queen? I actually HAVE had people that were set on buying a kitten from me when I asked them what cats they were intending to breed him to and have to tell them how related they were. One breeder had signed a contract and sent me the holding fee for one male then posted online another male she just had delivered and he was my kitten's uncle! My kitten's mother was the full sibling of that cat. She hadn't checked pedigrees at all...even though I had sent her my kitten's pedigree.
That's what I usually do - send a copy of the parent's pedigrees.

I don't have El Gato. I know- I keep meaning to invest in it. I do have the pedigrees of my kitties all in my computer- but eventually, I'd like to become more organized with them. I'm good with my contracts/paperwork, but not with the pedigrees (I want to be able to do more with my pedigrees then what I can do with just having them saved on my computer).

admin

Paige
Staff member
I just find el gato cumbersome...designed using filemaker, which no one uses anymore...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

It is a bit of a PITA, and I want a better way to track litters without having to enter each kitten since they aren't registered at that point. However, the huge benefit is that there are TONS of Savannahs in the database already, so often I get and can track back far more info than if I just get the 5 gen from TICA. One word of caution is older entries may or may not be completely accurate. I think better now, but I had to correct some color items on cats I own early on.

Wyldthingz

Savannah Super Cat
I just find el gato cumbersome...designed using filemaker, which no one uses anymore...
I know Jennifer Gray uses another one so there are others out there. I need one as well. After my computer froze a lot of my scanned docs are now stuck there until further notice.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I don't have El Gato. I know- I keep meaning to invest in it. I do have the pedigrees of my kitties all in my computer- but eventually, I'd like to become more organized with them. I'm good with my contracts/paperwork, but not with the pedigrees (I want to be able to do more with my pedigrees then what I can do with just having them saved on my computer).
What I hate about pedigree software is that you have to enter every single cat in the pedigree sometimes. El Gato makes it somewhat easier in that some cats are already entered so automatically linked, but I have found overwhelmingly that most cats in my pedigrees are not. I just don't have the time of day to do all the data entry, much easier just to have the parents' pedigrees handy.

A

americansafaricattery

Got my babies from A1 also. No paperwork. They want proof of their contract being followed then will issue you the paperwork. They also register each litter and kitten. It takes time before you get your paperwork. (4-10 weeks). Just check in with Kathren and Martin via E-mail (they prefer) and they should get back to you. They are good at responding when they are needed. :up: You will only get your blue slip tho. The rest you need to get from TICA. A1 will help with any questions. They are great people. Your paperwork will come and good luck. :big grin:

A

americansafaricattery

Can 5 generationals be ordered after you have papers? I didn't know if that was an option. I wish TICA could just send a pre-scanned generational. That would be handy!
Yes you can get the paperwork at anytime. I had asked TICA about that and they said it can be obtained when you want it, it does not have to be when you register your Feline. Yes up to 5 generations. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.