Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

did anyone get papers with their kitty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Paige
Staff member
What I hate about pedigree software is that you have to enter every single cat in the pedigree sometimes. El Gato makes it somewhat easier in that some cats are already entered so automatically linked, but I have found overwhelmingly that most cats in my pedigrees are not. I just don't have the time of day to do all the data entry, much easier just to have the parents' pedigrees handy.
I agree...and since I do have Zuri's pedigree and can get Izzy's I'm sure, I feel comfortable with that.

I don't mind data entry- I figure if it's a good program, I enter it once and it's there forever. I just haven't splurged on the El Gato. Paige- if you are serious, let me know. I'll be a beta tester ;)

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I know very few breeders who actually use cattery or pedigree software.
Guess we must know different breeders?

Or we have wildly differing views about the importance of pedigrees...as I think if one is selling a pedigreed animal (and usually that is why we are charging more than a shelter does for an unregistered cat lacking a pedigree) one should be able to supply that pedigree..

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Guess we must know different breeders?

Or we have wildly differing views about the importance of pedigrees...as I think if one is selling a pedigreed animal (and usually that is why we are charging more than a shelter does for an unregistered cat lacking a pedigree) one should be able to supply that pedigree..
I never suggested that a person not provide a pedigree, that is a completely different topic from purchasing pedigree software and inputting all the needed data just so one can print their own pedigree rather than getting an official one from TICA.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I use El Gato, but it is only as good as the information that has been input.
True, any pedigree software that does not have an extensive database is going to have gaps. Another reason I tend to stick with the TICA pedigrees - I know they will be complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.