Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elsa being Ornery Today!

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
How old was Elsa when you started to train her on the Litter Kwitter? I think Im going to try that.

I started her Day 1 at 8 weeks old. However, do to being so small, I kept it on the floor for a couple weeks longer than needed. At that point she could not jump up to the toilet and if she could not jump up to it, I did not want her to jump off of it.

She is doing great with her bathroom habits. I put her at 100%. She had one miss, but during that time she was VERY VERY sick so I don't count that one.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Thats awesome, it seems to work for a lot of cats!

In case you have not seen the video, here is the 4 phases that we used. It is a little bit of a crap shoot :rolleyes::rolleyes: so to speak, but not too bad.

Here is the system I used: http://litterkwitter.com/en/index.php

Good luck. I know it doesn't work for all kitties, but I am confident that your Savannah will do well, BTW, How old is your fur baby, please post some pics...:)

Michele&Will

Savannah Super Cat
Your kitty is so cute! and smart I can tell. You make it look so simple, I hope its this easy for Thor! What Litter did you use? We got to play with him for awhile, and purchased Thor unexpectedly as we knew we wanted a Savannah.. but not for a few months still. So were visiting the breeder for more information and to see how we felt about Savannahs. Of course we fell in love so we had to get him, and are picking him up this weekend after we move into our new home. Now we are trying to get everything ready for his arrival. I will post a bunch of pics and videos asap, hes only 11 weeks old:)

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
She is very smart and gets into everything... Your kitty at 11 weeks old is about the recommended age to start (I started Elsa way early)

Good luck on your new baby.. He will be worth it.... I got Elsa at 8 weeks... When I got her home she flew out of the cage, and the first thing she did was to attack one of my cameras that I had on her... She is not camera shy...

Shoot lots of pictures and video... If you don't some day you WILL regret it, but I can't talk about those days :(.... If A Picture is worth a a 1000 words, then a one minute video is worth 1 Million, 798 Thousand, 200 Words... Exactly.... If you don't believe in math... Then try just 1 hour not to relate to anything that deals with that...

Of course that means no Computers.. They are all math.
No TV, your picture is displayed using math
Can't drive.. Speed is a math function, Stop lights are controlled by computers and are scheduled (math again)...
Can't use anything with electricity or batteries because electricity is based on a unit of measure that uses math....
Of course that means you can't die either without math.... 6 feet under is requiring math to measure... I can't think of one item that I can do without it... LOL, Right now playing ball with Elsa is math.. Based on the speed and angle depends on the speed, angle from where it bounces depends on where it goes and how far.

And BTW, cats are the BEST at math, in Geometry especially... Distance, Angles, Speed... Every time they make a successful jump it is all high end math.. Watch them think about a jump before they make it and they are in high end computing mode calculating required power to put into there legs to get the speed they need to make the height and angle they want... Most of the time they are dead on...

Michele&Will

Savannah Super Cat
haha! Yes I want to get a Go pro, maybe they have an attachment for his harness, and we can see it from his perspective!