Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Elsa Meets Jake

Mischief

Savannah Super Cat
Jake looks like he really likes Elsa. He will try to be very protective of her. And she will make him play with her and act like a puppy again Savannahs are incredibly smart and they're known for their ability to jump high. (it's funny to watch my domestic short hair, Mischief, see Whiskey jump, try to imitate her and then fall). Oh and if you think she'll slow down when she gets older, wrong. My Whiskey plays like there is no tomorrow. And she's 4!!!

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Jake looks like he really likes Elsa. He will try to be very protective of her. And she will make him play with her and act like a puppy again Savannahs are incredibly smart and they're known for their ability to jump high. (it's funny to watch my domestic short hair, Mischief, see Whiskey jump, try to imitate her and then fall). Oh and if you think she'll slow down when she gets older, wrong. My Whiskey plays like there is no tomorrow. And she's 4!!!
They are playing together great... I have to watch however... Jake is not doing it on purpose, but getting too much into it, but he is mouthing her on the back and I afraid if he clamps down too hard it is going to bad news... earlier tonight, Elsa Meowed much stronger than usual, and Jake had her down... I am watching them close, at least until she gets old enough to find for herself... Jake does not realize how much bigger he really is.

Lesley

Site Supporter
Its a great movie. Ignore the opening bit with Nicholson being a prick with the pup. Its a great movie. Also, for both our current times I recommend Up In The Air, Larry Crowne, and The Company Men.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I love hearing your stories of Elsa's antics, as well as her intelligence and ability to work things out. I would not hold out on expecting her to sleep through the night though - at least not yet... ;)

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
I love hearing your stories of Elsa's antics, as well as her intelligence and ability to work things out. I would not hold out on expecting her to sleep through the night though - at least not yet... ;)
Last night she had a very good start... Jake was in bed asleep, she was between us and she was asleep as well... Jake Got up as usual (gets hot) and at that point Elsa decided she had enough sleep... Going to give her another try tonight, but not giving it much of a chance... She is what we call "WOT" - "Wide Open Throttle"

maalleh

Savannah Super Cat
Savannahs are indeed a bundle energy and can recharge in a matter of seconds. Elsa will be training you before long. My Havi wants to be between me and what ever it is I am doing. I am constantly getting after her to keep her away from the sewing machine. Don't want to sew her tail into my quilt. Would not be pretty. Enjoy your baby while she is young and thanks for sharing her with us through your awesome photography.

Mary and Havi

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Savannahs are indeed a bundle energy and can recharge in a matter of seconds. Elsa will be training you before long. My Havi wants to be between me and what ever it is I am doing. I am constantly getting after her to keep her away from the sewing machine. Don't want to sew her tail into my quilt. Would not be pretty. Enjoy your baby while she is young and thanks for sharing her with us through your awesome photography.

Mary and Havi
training me before long... LOL, she has already started... This morning she was playing very hard with Jake and for no reason at all she came up to me and wanted picked up... I picked her up and she laid down on my lap for over 30 minutes just watching me work on the computer.. Not even trying to get on the desk or keyboard... that part was the surprising part.

Mischief

Savannah Super Cat
They are playing together great... I have to watch however... Jake is not doing it on purpose, but getting too much into it, but he is mouthing her on the back and I afraid if he clamps down too hard it is going to bad news... earlier tonight, Elsa Meowed much stronger than usual, and Jake had her down... I am watching them close, at least until she gets old enough to find for herself... Jake does not realize how much bigger he really is.
Jake is so gentle that I myself forgot how much bigger he is than she is. So I don't blame you at all for watching them close. But when she gets bigger, it will be a little different because (at least with my Whiskey) their teeth are a little bigger than other cats.