Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

F1 chews plastic

Sean

Site Supporter
My 2 year old F1 spayed female LOVES to chew any thing covered in plastic
Ziploc bags are top on the target list. Why does she do this and how do I discourage it?
Water spray bottle is useless she likes that too.
The one plus is she does not chew cords.
I just don't want to have the vet need to remove the plastic from her gut

I don't have this problem with the 2 neutered males they are about 1 1/2 years old.

Thanks
Sean

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
I dont know what we'd do if Kovu & Sarabi liked the water bottle.. we'd be in trouble. They aren't too bad with plastic but headphone wires & hair ties are like drugs to them.

admin

Paige
Staff member
There are many cats who chew on plastic - that is one of those things you need to keep out of reach...I have to keep any kind of paper hidden away from Zuri, whether it be bills or anything else...you might try one of the bitter apple sprays...

D

Dantes

My cats have started going after my bed spread. Really annoying teh whole sucking on the bed spread thing, try spraying that with bitter apple....

Not to mention that they are tearing it to shreds, and it was my favorite.

Per Lausund

Staff member
Mine just love anything made from wool. Same cure, keep it out of reach! As to why they chew, well, some humans chew pens and pencils...

Sean

Site Supporter
Bella shredded one set of sheets. I found out why Air bubbles made the surface move
more than the rest of the bed. So I burped the bed and she quit. BTW it's a waterbed
She is so bad about any plastic she will go after something that you just set down.
The reason the spray bottle does not work is she has jumped into the shower
with me once or twice. If I leave a tube of water she will get in and play with
a stuffed mouse toy (name of the game drowned the mouse) So water just means
play time as far as she is concerned.

Thanks
Sean

Per Lausund

Staff member
Seems you were lucky it was just the sheet, I know some cats here who would really, but really, love thrashing a waterbed!
:)
p

Patty

Breeding Savannahs for the Home
My F1 loves fabric. Doesn't matter what kind, as long as it is fabric. She ate the corner of a brand new recliner!