Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

F4 kitten arrives tomorrow!

admin

Paige
Staff member
I use the petstages as well. The kittens carry them around in their mouths...they just love them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

NikkiA

Site Supporter
So I am happy to say that our new baby, Mickey Blue Eyes Andrieu, has settled in well. He is eating well, using his litter box, and got a good report from the vet. He came in sneezy with a gunky eye, which had me worried, but the visit to the vet (and the antibiotics- the vet knows that the boys are my babies and I am a nervous mom) settled everything right down. He does, however, have parasites- I am treating for that right now, and he is being a real trooper about me sticking a syringe in his mouth.

Our baby is a little love, he can't get enough of being cuddled and petted. I have two sturdy balls in his room, plus a puppy (kong) toy.

So far, he is in QT in our master bath when we are at work, and in our bedroom and bathroom when we are home. W have not yet introduced him to our older boys, so therein lies the question: what do you guys suggest I do about that? He BOLTS for the bedroom door whenever it is open, he wants to go exploring, but it is way too early. I would love some suggestions about how I handel introductions. Before Jarvis arrived, D was Mike's boy. When Jarvis arrived, Mike spent lots of time with him, and D as a result spent lots of time with me. D is very possessive, when we spend time with Mickey he gets upset. He did the same thing when Jarvis arrived. Since Mickey arrived,we have been trying to be sure that all 3 kitties get one-on-one time, but D is still hissing under the door. Jarvis, on the other hand, is not bothered much at all, although he is begging for attention from Mike.

We have gone from no kitties (ever) to three kitties in less than a year, and want to be sure we (1) handle this intro properly and (2) give our babies the attention they need.

Patti

Admin
Staff member

Todd L

Savannah Super Cat
Im glad to hear he is adjusting well in his new forever home, and i hope the antibotics get him back to 100 percent soon! Please post pictures when u can! I cant wait to c him. I purchased our first savannah from A1. I only live 4 and a half hours away so i got to tour there facility. Its a big setup. Anyways Congratz again!

NikkiA

Site Supporter
Im glad to hear he is adjusting well in his new forever home, and i hope the antibotics get him back to 100 percent soon! Please post pictures when u can! I cant wait to c him. I purchased our first savannah from A1. I only live 4 and a half hours away so i got to tour there facility. Its a big setup. Anyways Congratz again!

Thanks Todd. So far, we have not taken too many photos, but I will try to post some soon. Our other two boys also came from A1. I have never been out there; I would love to see the place where my boys came from. How old is your kitty? What is the kitty's name?

I am pleased to report that Mickey's eye is much, much better, thankfully, and the sneezing stopped within 48 hours of arrival. We finish up his antibiotics on Monday.

He is gaining weight, he is up to 3 lbs, and eating, although he seems to be more of a grazer than anything- he will take a few bites of food, and come over to be petted, take a few bites of food, and chase a toy, etc.

He got up on our bed by himself for the first time on Tuesday, which was really cute. He loves to chase his feather stick, and he loves to lay on top of us and knead.

Todd L

Savannah Super Cat
Nikkia, We have 2 savannahs our F5 Male came from A1 and his name is Pharaoh and our F2 Male came from Crystal Hills Cats out of Chicago and his name is King Tut.

Below are pictures of the two. The golden one is the F2 "Tut" the silver one is the F5 "Pharaoh".

Attachments

• pharaoh-couch.jpg
    pharaoh-couch.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Pharaoh-Couch2.jpg
    Pharaoh-Couch2.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 23
  • Tut-Sleeping.jpg
    Tut-Sleeping.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Tut-sleeping2.jpg
    Tut-sleeping2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 22
D

DocMac

I would definitely ask Martin what he meant by feeding him chicken drumsticks. He may mean cook the chicken and remove the meat from the drumstick before feeding...or he may mean the raw chicken drumstick. It really would depend on the breeder.

I wean my babies onto raw meat because it's been the most successful method for me. I also try to get them to eat kitten kibble and canned food before leaving home so that the new home has a choice. Not everyone is comfortable with raw feeding!

Look for toys made for puppies rather than dog toys...then likely they have looked at the chewing aspect. Look for sturdier fabrics, and things sewn rather than glued. I like the Petstages range of kitten and puppy toys for that reason.

Felted toys! Indestructible.