Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Finding if a breeder is tica registered and uncertainty

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Sounds like me, I've had owners tell me afterwards that they almost couldn't bear to take the kitten from me... I do try to hold it together until they are gone but the kittens are part of our kitty family.... so even when you KNOW it is a great home, it's still hard to let them go!
I'll admit it - I cry :cry:

Enigmatic.eyez

Savannah Super Cat
I'm accepting it fully. Like I said I won't stop my search. I appreciate the insight, I just don't like unanswered questions from the breeder.

It's my fault I get too emotionally invested.

I wasn't aware I could unwatchable a thread. (Hence no notifications )so All I'd well.

Please forgive my over zealousness.

admin

Paige
Staff member
I'm accepting it fully. Like I said I won't stop my search. I appreciate the insight, I just don't like unanswered questions from the breeder.

It's my fault I get too emotionally invested.

I wasn't aware I could unwatchable a thread. (Hence no notifications )so All I'd well.

Please forgive my over zealousness.
Not a problem...I don't know what you mean about unwatchable a thread...

jungle boy

Savannah Super Cat
I feel like the next breeder I contact and tell is going to jump the gun and just say no without asking questions again.
Enigmatic, most people have searched for many months for their babies and many have even looked for a year or two! Just remember that you will spend 15-18 years with your Savannah so this search that seems so endless to you right now is really nothing if you look at the big picture! Bottom line, relax, take your time and you will find your baby! If you lose out on one, trust me, it wasn't meant to be. You WILL fall madly in love with one you adopt and by the way, kitten season is coming up so just chill, embrace and enjoy the search! You WILL get there! Enjoy the ride and in the meantime, keep doing your due diligence and keep learning about the breed and breeders!
;)

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I don't understand why questions weren't asked first then a deal made. This is my aggravation.
Are you saying that once you told her about the dog she simply said 'no' rather than ask further questions? If this is the case then I would recommend you write back to her and explain what happened, just like you did here. She may still turn you down, but it might be worth the effort. Breeders tend to get really uncomfortable when you say you had to put an animal down, but most times there is a reasonable explanation for the action taken.

KMcgown

Site Supporter
As Tessa explained, we had been talking a bit and it seemed to be going well. I had asked her if she had pets and she said no. The next day I noticed on a post here she said she had dog (s). I sent her an email and she said, 'she was put down due to bad breeding'. I replied and asked exactly what that meant. That is when she replied with her first message above (Bad breeding in a dog aggression forms between the ages of seven to eleven months. This was the case for Gretta. We tried everything. Group training, doggy boot camp, in home trainer, at the trainers, vet checks, shock collars, positive negative reinforcement. The last straw was the week before she was put down...she turned on me. Keep in mind she's my baby and I had exasperated all routes of recovery. )

This bothered me on a personal level. I wrote to an acquaintance who has been a dog breeder for over 15 years and asked what she would have done with the dog. My contact basically said not 'put it down'. I struggled with the decision all afternoon yesterday. I did feel bad for Tessa and felt she was doing what she thought was right but it was not what I felt was right (hence the call to the dog breeder). Both my daughter and I just had a nagging feeling that this was not a good fit for us.

There you have it. I did not come on here and badmouth her, refuse to answer questions, and it's not about money.

Enigmatic.eyez

Savannah Super Cat
I just would've preferred a direct explanation why I was out of the question or what ur dog breeder suggested.

She was my baby but this dog turned on everyone. I did everything for five months but it's hard when you can't take her anywhere or when she repeatedly attacks your kids.

I apologies. Can we put this behind us and stop a pissing match?

I said I was being over zealouszealous

Status
Not open for further replies.