Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Finding if a breeder is tica registered and uncertainty

Status
Not open for further replies.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
I can provide numerous phone numbers and contacts on Greta's condition
That's good. Next time you work with a breeder make sure you have the documentation and contacts ready to go so the breeder can put herself/himself at ease about the situation. Don't wait to be asked. Take the initiative and give full disclosure up front. It goes a long way toward establishing credibility. If it's any consolation, when I bought my first SV, the breeder did everything but ask for fingerprints and full psych evaluation.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
LOL, Deborah! I've had people react very negatively to the amount of questions in my application but that just shows they don't understand and are not going to be suitable homes for one of my precious babies. I agree, getting together the info and being upfront is going to work better than anything with most caring breeders.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
I feel like the next breeder I contact and tell is going to jump the gun and just say no without asking questions again.
I understand you're discouraged but you're not doing yourself any favors by allowing yourself to sink into a negative mindset. If that's the case, best to stop the search for awhile and get back into a positive mindset.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
LOL, Deborah! I've had people react very negatively to the amount of questions in my application but that just shows they don't understand and are not going to be suitable homes for one of my precious babies. I agree, getting together the info and being upfront is going to work better than anything with most caring breeders.
She obviously decided I was suitable for one of her babies. And yet, when she meets me at the airport, her hands are shaking, her eyes are teary, and I practically had to wrestle her to get the cat. LOL.. I actually felt guilty taking the kitten. I made sure to inundate her with pictures and updates to keep assuring her that she didn't make a mistake.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Sounds like me, I've had owners tell me afterwards that they almost couldn't bear to take the kitten from me... I do try to hold it together until they are gone but the kittens are part of our kitty family.... so even when you KNOW it is a great home, it's still hard to let them go!

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Can this whole convo be deleted? I am hurt and this forum is a negative path. -.-

I refuse to stop searching
Not going to delete it. There's valuable information here for others to learn from. I'm sorry that you interpreted everyone's attempt to answer your numerous questions and give you the benefit of their experience as being negative. Good luck with your search.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Can this whole convo be deleted? I am hurt and this forum is a negative path. -.-

I refuse to stop searching
Why is this forum a negative path? You have been posting on here for over a month, asking a zillion questions, which is great, and everyone has patiently answered your questions...people did tell you to take your time and slow down...perhaps you may want to heed that advice?

Breeders have buyers back out all the time and as long as no deposit is made, there is no deal...so if you did not put down a deposit yet, no deal was made. Unfortunately that is the way it goes.

Sometimes breeders have to think about things and ask more questions...it is our right to do so as we are entrusting our babies, that we love so much and cherish, to our kitten buyers...and sometimes we have second thoughts and gut feelings and many of us go with them...whether you agree or not, that is just the way it is.

I am sorry your feelings are hurt, but no one is discriminating against you...if a breeder decides not to sell a kitten based on whether he/she thinks the person would make a good kitten owner, that is his/her prerogative - it is certainly NOT discrimination...

And...you did bring the situation here, so you need to be prepared to accept replies either positive or negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.