Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

First harness leash walk outside & in the icy snow too!

D

DianeBC

We decided not to waste anymore time, even if the weather hasn't been cooperating, in trying to get our F4 14 wk girl, Anaya used to the leash/harness. So today, for a quick 15 mins, on a balmy 38 degree, in January we did it! She didn't seem to mind the ice or snow much at all. She has had the harness on inside before, and was only mildly annoyed with the leash. Mostly she seemed very intrigued by the sounds of the many birds that were, suddenly, also very active. I believe they were pretty noisy seagulls and she was really listening. She was happy to stay outside for a few mins ... even sat on the ice! When we came back in I snuggled her between my husband and I and she took a great nap. After... guess where I caught her? Moving the curtain and trying to look out the front door!!! What a riot she is!!! IMG_1062.jpg IMG_1057.jpg IMG_1065.jpg IMG_1070.jpg IMG_1073.jpg

Katniss

And her brother Crazy !
Crazy loves his Hyendry walking jacket..however after taking him out this weekend.. he NEVER stopped howling to go back out for TWO days until we gave him a COLD shower!! Now he is back to normal.. Do you think he was over stimulated?? Should we try again?? Soooooooooo confused.. His howing is SSOOOOOOOOOOOO loud... Suggestions and advise will be greatly appreciated!!:cool:

admin

Paige
Staff member
They do that...but maybe if you walk him every day, he will get used to it and look forward to it...

Lori Greer

Cahaba Cats
Crazy loves his Hyendry walking jacket..however after taking him out this weekend.. he NEVER stopped howling to go back out for TWO days until we gave him a COLD shower!! Now he is back to normal.. Do you think he was over stimulated?? Should we try again?? Soooooooooo confused.. His howing is SSOOOOOOOOOOOO loud... Suggestions and advise will be greatly appreciated!!:cool:

Awesome!! :) Sorry that he is addicted now though. LOL