Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

I just wanna say... A random comments thread

My boy Vito loves to wait until your brushing your teeth in the mirror and he jumps from the floor up on to your shoulders, he thinks it's great fun, another Savannah trait.... The art of suprise
Isn't that the funniest thing! I saw a video on YouTube where this woman would stand on one side of her pool and her Savannah would leap the width of the pool to land in her arms! Truly amazing!

Sean

Site Supporter
We have a tall front door and one day someone had rung the bell and I opened the inner door and
thought I felt Bella trying to squeeze by. When I looked she was not there. Then the door moved
again and I happened to look up. There she was on the top of the door. It's an 8 foot tall door and
only 2 inches wide. She has only done that one other time. She will every now and then jump on
my back if I am bent over picking something up off the floor. Even Xander gets into the jump on
my back game.

Vito

Site Supporter
We have a tall front door and one day someone had rung the bell and I opened the inner door and
thought I felt Bella trying to squeeze by. When I looked she was not there. Then the door moved
again and I happened to look up. There she was on the top of the door. It's an 8 foot tall door and
only 2 inches wide. She has only done that one other time. She will every now and then jump on
my back if I am bent over picking something up off the floor. Even Xander gets into the jump on
my back game.
Hi sean
It's amazing how high our wee athletes can jump, always brings a smile to my face
Vito still improving, slowly getting there, no more weight loss and only eating little and often but at least he's back eating again.
He's not too impressed with the vets ID diet, but it's just until things recover inside. So do you have another Savannah along with the beautiful Bella?

Vito

Site Supporter
Isn't that the funniest thing! I saw a video on YouTube where this woman would stand on one side of her pool and her Savannah would leap the width of the pool to land in her arms! Truly amazing!
Yeah totally amazing athletic skills, looking forward to seeing more pics of Ditto.

Sean

Site Supporter
Hi sean
It's amazing how high our wee athletes can jump, always brings a smile to my face
Vito still improving, slowly getting there, no more weight loss and only eating little and often but at least he's back eating again.
He's not too impressed with the vets ID diet, but it's just until things recover inside. So do you have another Savannah along with the beautiful Bella?
I had two wonderful boys (F7) Lynx Point (Snow) that I lost in 2017 do to lymphoma 8 month apart from each other. They were litter mates
abd the only two in that litter. To this day I think Mokkun missed Tetsu so much that in the end he just gave up. You can see both the boys in the avatar image there with Bella.

Mokkun is on the top and Tetsu is in the seat. BTW Tetsu is short for Tetsunosuke. His full name was a lottle hard of the vet so most
times I used the short name Tetsu. The boys were only 5 and 6 when they passed away. That year was a hard one.

So as things are not I have Bella and she is an F1 along with Xander and he is a Siamese.

1 DSC_0153.JPG

Vito

Site Supporter
I had two wonderful boys (F7) Lynx Point (Snow) that I lost in 2017 do to lymphoma 8 month apart from each other. They were litter mates
abd the only two in that litter. To this day I think Mokkun missed Tetsu so much that in the end he just gave up. You can see both the boys in the avatar image there with Bella.

Mokkun is on the top and Tetsu is in the seat. BTW Tetsu is short for Tetsunosuke. His full name was a lottle hard of the vet so most
times I used the short name Tetsu. The boys were only 5 and 6 when they passed away. That year was a hard one.

So as things are not I have Bella and she is an F1 along with Xander and he is a Siamese.

View attachment 27909
Mokkun and Tetsunosuke were beautiful boys, great names, so sad you lost them so young and so close together, what a devastating year that would have been. The impact of losing our buddies is awful, lost Ravi(bengal) last year to fip, he was only 8 & half months old. Still haven't gotten over him, and two years prior to that, I lost Rags who was 16 years (rag doll) don't think I'll ever get over losing him, he was always there through the good times and the bad.
Pics of Ravi and Rags below.

Attachments

Vito

Site Supporter
Probably due to the serval gene influence. Servals hunt small aquatic critters.
Ahhhh, that makes sense, Vito is obsessed with water, even had to get a great big heavy ceramic bowl for his water as he tipped the others over all the place. Atticus looks like he's sooooh enjoying his shower. Beautiful boy.