Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

I just wanna say... A random comments thread

Vito

Site Supporter
Stretch - h-h.
8d9e64454f99ae70ce6231248bb2b410.jpg
6c68d7e5b946a2bcc075370b98d23fc2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Beautiful

Vito

Site Supporter
Lesley, I continue to be puzzled by my two's behavior... Though I do have a better appreciation of the word "catty"!

My 2 appear to be frenemies... And HB sits on top of / mounts WC and grabs him by the neck, on a regular basis. I previously shared the video below of this behavior, though it also happens with HB sitting on WC's back. It seems HB wants to control WC, and WC doesn't much care. But I haven't seen any humping or penises out! WC never tries this on HB... And HB often acts scared of WC's rambunctious attempts to play. So in this case I think HB is feeling insecure and trying to feel he is in control.

But I have read numerous accounts of neutered male cats attempting to have sexual relationships with other cats, blankets, and even humans legs, which I think may be different than dominance and is more self soothing?

From what I have been reading what Witchy is saying about resource sharing is correct, and as cats are not pack animals they don't really want to be the boss of other cats, they just need to feel they have worked out secure access to available resources. But this may be different than what is inspiring Vito to mount Tuco!
Thank you for sharing, very interesting indeed. Tuco doesn't seem to mind much either, I'm happy that there's no aggression in Vito's behavior, I was just quite puzzled to witness it. Following Witchys advice, certainly don't want to end up with any Savannah wars.

Sean

Site Supporter
Okay I have a question for everyone.
I was watching the show"My Cat From Hell" and at some point the host had said something about how not to carry a cat.
It seems that he did not tell Xander how to not park himself. He likes the baby carry and the baby on the shoulder in the burt
position. I did not start that he did all on own. So how much of the info we get from the so called experts is a bunch of Reindeer
exhaust with pellets tossed in?

Next question has noting to do with this or that. Do any of you right after a shower or a bath as your drying off have you cat
jump on the nearest counter and what to nuzzle you face to put there stamp of ownership back on you? Xander likes to rub
his nose on mine and if I don't let him he will just stand on the counter and wait until I do. Once I let him he will take off to do
other things.

Also I will not be posting any photos of that. Can't run new members off with that photo.

Happy New Year All